6line vs. Luna wrasse

frankieg2293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit worried about my Luna wrasse the 6line is a bully chases him any chance he gets shoulder i be worried the Luna was just put in the tank about 2 weeks ago.. he’s always hiding and anytime he’s out and about the six line chases him back into hiding. Will the Luna get stressed to death? If I should be worried do you guys have any suggestions?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can move a rock or two around to change the reef environment and maybe the 6 will lose interest. You can add a mirror to draw the 6 attention away also.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A bit worried about my Luna wrasse the 6line is a bully chases him any chance he gets shoulder i be worried the Luna was just put in the tank about 2 weeks ago.. he’s always hiding and anytime he’s out and about the six line chases him back into hiding. Will the Luna get stressed to death? If I should be worried do you guys have any suggestions?
Isolate the 6 line for at least 2 weeks and reestablish the scape as the 6 line desires a favorite zone within the tank.
While Lunare can get quite large in the wild, the largest ive seen in the hobby is 9-10 inches and in a VERY large tank.

OP
OP
frankieg2293

frankieg2293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes lunare, it’s going to be very hard to catch this little guy In a 220 gal tank with rock and coral Al over.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught mine by putting a Poland spring bottle trap w food at every cave entrance (5 total) and just happened to be on the computer and saw it go in. I lept up and grabbed it so fast he didn't know what to do lol. Took a few days mind you. Tank looked like a recycling bin lol

OP
OP
frankieg2293

frankieg2293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught mine by putting a Poland spring bottle trap w food at every cave entrance (5 total) and just happened to be on the computer and saw it go in. I lept up and grabbed it so fast he didn't know what to do lol. Took a few days mind you. Tank looked like a recycling bin lol
lol “tank look like a recycling bin” lol I may have to do that. I also have a domino damsel that is way too aggressive I feel he got so buck and he’s fast he likes his anemones very protective

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m taking the six line. Out. Putting him in the sump for a wile…. If I can catch him
With a sixline, chances are you won’t be able to have any other wrasses anyway. I would take him out and replace him with some of the more boisterous Halichoeres (The Lunare is not a peaceful species - These can be rather aggressive once they mature).

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back