$7000(retail) fish

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like saltwaterfish.com has been trying to sell it for a while :)

7E3DDA29-16BF-48A5-9DCF-3D0FE9DFB9F0.jpeg

The thing that I don't understand is how there are multiple places trying to sell livestock that is still sitting there for sale at the wholesale facility all while the whole sale facility is trying to sell the same item all of them using the same picture from the wholesalers wysiwyg. I'm sure there are behind the scenes deals and agreements, I've just noticed this a lot lately with fish and coral.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7K price tag is one they can get away with, because they can get away with it in this hobby. A lot of livestock pricing is based on the “prove to me how stupid you are and how willing you are to throw your money away” pricing that seems to be the norm for livestock considered “rare or exotic”

All that assumes somebody actually buys it for $7K :D:D. I, for one, predict that nobody will thus restoring balance to the universe.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had NO clue they would/could revert to normal coloration! And to think I have been after a koi tang.... Makes me think twice!

Some of them a chromatically stable, some are not. No reliable way I know of to tell.

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haydn your not the only that thinks it's ugllllllllllllly! It's beyond ugly....I bet the seller think it's rare and banking someone will pay the $7k for this one of a kind..LOL

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been after one for a while and found this beauty just before Christmas:

IMG_0765.jpg

A darker phase than those in the previous pics but still nice to me, and more Scopas base with the colour aberration towards the head and tail ends.

This fella was $275 which too me was within my budget and reasonable for a large 7-8" tang

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had NO clue they would/could revert to normal coloration! And to think I have been after a koi tang.... Makes me think twice!

Although I have read about them completely reverting back to natural colouration, I wouldn't say it's the norm and it depends on how much deviation from natural that you begin with. On the flip side you might see it evolve into something you prefer more.

Casper was a famous example of a yellow tang that turned white. Although it's not exactly the same thing going on you can look at it to see how much it changed over the years. https://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/13/casper-white-tang-undergone-radical-transformation/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back