$7000(retail) fish

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish and that picture have been up on that said wholesalers wysiwyg for a few weeks now. Now mind you that $7,000 price tag is what the OP is saying he would retail it for, that is not the price that the wholesaler is charging. I've bought aberrant tangs in the past for $100 from a different supplier. I have seen the same supplier offering this one with other aberrants at around 10% of what they are asking for this one. This particular one if pretty unique. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This certainly is not a fish for everyone, but to a collector with disposable funds it certainly is unique.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish and that picture have been up on that said wholesalers wysiwyg for a few weeks now. Now mind you that $7,000 price tag is what the OP is saying he would retail it for, that is not the price that the wholesaler is charging. I've bought aberrant tangs in the past for $100 from a different supplier. I have seen the same supplier offering this one with other aberrants at around 10% of what they are asking for this one. This particular one if pretty unique. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This certainly is not a fish for everyone, but to a collector with disposable funds it certainly is unique.
I think it was in their sale section. I wouldn't retail it, I buy wholesale but don't resale, but most fish sold I've noticed from LFS is double the wholesale price. $7000 still below that.

Cujo#31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7K price tag is one they can get away with, because they can get away with it in this hobby. A lot of livestock pricing is based on the “prove to me how stupid you are and how willing you are to throw your money away” pricing that seems to be the norm for livestock considered “rare or exotic”

Tjakes680

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually pretty ugly looks like a sick yellow tang I would never pay that much for a fish considering I owned 2 LFS and worked at a few wholesale places and transshippers fiest off the mark up is over 200% and its not to nice so not for me I would rather a nice pair of cross hatch triggers or a pyramid butterfly or a semilavatius butterfly

cmw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like saltwaterfish.com has been trying to sell it for a while :)

7E3DDA29-16BF-48A5-9DCF-3D0FE9DFB9F0.jpeg

Tjakes680

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rather buy a pair of cross hatch triggers or a pair of semilivatius butterflies and have plenty of cash left over Besides the fact I owned 2 LFS and worked at wholesale s and transshippers and the mark up is so high that there would be no way i would drop 7gs on a fish special one like that

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take 4!

... other fish because 7 racks is salty!

cgonser9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is this isn't a fixed colouration. I've seen plenty of these tangs in the past subtly shift colour over time and heard of others that completely reverted to normal colours.

I had NO clue they would/could revert to normal coloration! And to think I have been after a koi tang.... Makes me think twice!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back