ReefNoob5281

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Nano Reefers.

First of all Welcome to my Nano Tank!!

It is only 3 months old at the moment and I Tend to Posts its progress on a monthly Basis

The Setup itself is a

Custom Built Tank 71L Including weir (got it for £100 from my LFS as someone requested it and never returned for it and was just sat there for a while so it would of been rude for me not to snap it up. There is more than £100 worth of glass!!!)

Custom Sump which I had built for the unit I built for the tank to sit on. which consists of 2 inlets 1 feeds into refugium chamber which is small at the back right of sump the the main inlet feeds straight into the skimmer section which i have utilised by making a little egg crate shelf for a dosing container to sit on as it looked like wasted space and with not having much space under there it just made sense.

Vortech MP10 Powerhead
AI Prime 16 HD Lighting
Bubble Magus C3.5 Protein Skimmer
D-D ATO
D-D P1+ Single Dosing Pump (Which was added today) going to try and start dosing Kalkwasser i dont have any hard corals in the tank yet so wont dose yet unless there is benefits to it as it will just sit there for the time being)
Return Pump:- i cant remember the brand it could be jacod or jecod but pumps 2500 litres an hour

Live Stock:- Clown Pair
Tiger Pistol shrimp & Randal Goby Pair That Decided to set up shop in the back corner of the tank because typical!!

and a clean up crew consisting of:-
a Strawbery Lipped Conch
& 10 Other snails i forgot the names of but they buried themselves into the sand as soon as they entered and i havent seen them since so i hope they are still alive and enjoying themselves under the sand ( i purchased a nano tank clean up crew.

2 Hermit crabs.

Corals.

small zoa garden in the making
firecracker clove Polyp
metallic green start polyp
kenya tree ( i did ask at the LFS for a toadstool and he told me that was one) i was new and knew nothing.. still do!!
Jasmine Polyps
and one more i have forgotten the name of

I believe that is everything if you have any questions on routine maintenance or anything then please dont hesitate to ask

Happy Reefing!!!!

reef tank 7.jpg Reef Tank 2.jpg reef tank 5.jpg reef tank 6.jpg reef tank 8.jpg reef tank 10.jpg reef tank 12.jpg Reef Tank.jpg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-05 at 21.10.41.jpg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-05 at 21.10.42.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the new adventure! There is a lot to like with your system!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back