72 bow master fish list order? Thoughts?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks cycled, so it's time to start planning our fish add order! Here's what I'm after. Thinking clowns first, where would you go second? Clowns will be alone till after the holidays likely, as it makes good financial sense, and allow the tank to stabilize a bit before adding any more fish or coral.. after clowns what would you add?

royal gramma

starry blenny

Diamond goby

2 clowns

Zebra dartfish trio

captive bred blue mandarin

6 blue reef chromis

hawkfish

dwarf cherub

flasher/ fairy wrasses/ Yerllow wrasse?

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks cycled, so it's time to start planning our fish add order! Here's what I'm after. Thinking clowns first, where would you go second? Clowns will be alone till after the holidays likely, as it makes good financial sense, and allow the tank to stabilize a bit before adding any more fish or coral.. after clowns what would you add?

royal gramma

starry blenny

Diamond goby

2 clowns

Zebra dartfish trio

captive bred blue mandarin

6 blue reef chromis

hawkfish

dwarf cherub

flasher/ fairy wrasses/ Yerllow wrasse?
Your going to want to add the most timid fish first. Clowns are really docile so they will be good first fish and when new fish see them eating that will encourage them. Then I'd add the dart fish all at the same time bc they can be territorial. Then royal gramma. Then the chromis again all at the same time be prepared with a water change for this one could cause ammonia spike. Hawkfish blenney and goby are all rock and bottom dwellers so they could fight eachother at first especially if one has been in the tank for alot longer than the other. Angel fish is last, it is the biggest fish and usally they are territorial especially if they are alot more aggressive then the other fish in the tank. Which in this case is true. I personally would not add an angel they are very pretty but can easily go roug one day and they seem to know when your wacthing because they wont cause trouble in front of you. Lastly a mandarin should not be added until you can see pods on the glass rocks or sand. They will also need a haven like a refugium because the mandarin will constantly eat the pods whether it feeds on mysis or not.

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my opion btw just saying how I would personally add those species. That is quite a bit of bioload as well so maintenance will be frequent. Especially if you decide to add coral. The angel fish like to eat coral its 50/50 but even if you get a well behaved one they do it eventually.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my opion btw just saying how I would personally add those species. That is quite a bit of bioload as well so maintenance will be frequent. Especially if you decide to add coral. The angel fish like to eat coral its 50/50 but even if you get a well behaved one they do it eventually.
That was about the order I was thinking in my head. I figured clowns now, then the dartfish. Love aquaria divers den has trios quite often. Same with the reef chromis. I'm in no hurry to stock it, and it will be full blown reef, I've got a cheato reactor for a fuge in this build. I haven't decided if the cherub is anyway or no so it's kind of an if fish.

I was figuring I'd do the clowns, then the darts after the holidays, then a few weeks to a month later do the Gramma.

I've decided against the goby, if I do gobies I'll do a bonded pair of 2 spots, but may just throw a conch or 2 in for sandbed cleaning . Like your thought process for sure! Would it hurt anything to add the blenny earlier of needed for algae Clea up? Hoping to dull the ugly stage from using no lights for 2 months. Like the brs/WWc Hybrid cycle.

Back