OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 3 day acclimation wait for the Achilles and 5 days for the yellow tangs I decided to release them tonight. I overfed once I got home. My skimmer is angry at me right now. I was scared to stress the Achilles out as he was doing well in a holding tank at Ocean View Aquariums. He was eating so I brought him home. Placed him in the acclimation box and they are all eating everything from flake to live black worms. Gotta put and maintain some weight on him. Got Selcon and vita chem which I think are both quality additives so long as you don’t overdo it. Anyhow here are two vids from today. Wish me luck and feel free to offer any tips on the Achilles. No one has looked at him. Naso ignored him. Yellow tangs have the Desjardini bully who hopefully calms down. Got some Xhatch triggers from TSM on the way and that should be a wrap livestock wise. Want to add another cave to the rock work.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 3 day acclimation wait for the Achilles and 5 days for the yellow tangs I decided to release them tonight. I overfed once I got home. My skimmer is angry at me right now. I was scared to stress the Achilles out as he was doing well in a holding tank at Ocean View Aquariums. He was eating so I brought him home. Placed him in the acclimation box and they are all eating everything from flake to live black worms. Gotta put and maintain some weight on him. Got Selcon and vita chem which I think are both quality additives so long as you don’t overdo it. Anyhow here are two vids from today. Wish me luck and feel free to offer any tips on the Achilles. No one has looked at him. Naso ignored him. Yellow tangs have the Desjardini bully who hopefully calms down. Got some Xhatch triggers from TSM on the way and that should be a wrap livestock wise. Want to add another cave to the rock work.

Saw your three tanks in the 2018 FTS thread. The aquascapes are amazing. Nice job. Came for more pics and was rewarded with video.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw your three tanks in the 2018 FTS thread. The aquascapes are amazing. Nice job. Came for more pics and was rewarded with video.

Thank you NY! Got some new videos today. Gotta put some weight on the Achilles. Trying some different algae’s as well.

Punksboops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TSM has crosshatch very nice hopefully Ray has some in the spring too cold to ship to the midwest right now

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a30cceecae606acce08e06837b02b4c2.jpg
5412150126048018513b7761b92d8639.jpg
side side project seahorse tank!
3d6a3305c5fa5e527c95700617d7ab71.jpg
04181826c1e9fd3752b238d987de3219.jpg
2a17c06fe1e276e2377749320fc5c7d0.jpg
pi Gail wrasse looks great. Ocean view aquarium with a great find. He found my Achilles as well. Great shop and they really like the science behind the hobby which isn’t always the case. Tanks looking good. Tomorrow hooking the GEO1218 back online. Hopefully get everything stable so we can hit up acquavista soon for a frag pack! TSM got me the regal angel in the box who is swimming freely and getting acquainted with my existing Regal. So far so good. The Achilles has whitespot which I saw coming. He lost a little weight but looks better today. The live blackworms appear to be working as he munched them down with authority. Fingers crossed. Ocean view got a few nice ones in and the sickly one they had is looking way better. Almost wanted to try a trio.... not lol.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

New baby blue carpet found a clown!

Red carpet adapting quite well

The babies from TSM doing well

Playing nice :)

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely gonna be a little bit. Want the Achilles to adapt amd he really is improved today. Stuffing him with blackworms and saw him munching nori when I was far. On top of that you know Ray does his fish juju with them where somehow that come tame so no rush as the regal also went in today. Looking forward to seeing if the crosshatch ignores my minions.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You amaze me more and more. Can’t wait for the pipes and ponies. Absolutely stunning as well. Playing with fire though not QT that Achilles [emoji848]

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You amaze me more and more. Can’t wait for the pipes and ponies. Absolutely stunning as well. Playing with fire though not QT that Achilles [emoji848]

I know it’s almost like the opposite. Those hard to keep species I almost feel that they need an established tank to eat of the LR. My first regal wouldn’t eat at the LFS. Put him in and he picked off my rocks and sponges and who knows what else may be in there? Lol anyhow he slowly came around and now eats everything. I do want to qt everything moving forward though but I’m going to take a different approach. Once my PBT is in the 220and I get the 55 gallon tank back then I plan on putting sand and LR that has sat in my sump untouched since day one into it. Nothing crazy as it will be the acclimation tank to observe new fish for illness. I figure with the pods and the natural relaxed setting I will be able to observe them without stressing them. My son will have a 55 gallon of his own. I have a huge chevron tank and two massive blotchies in there. The blotchies are going into the big tank while the chevron is likely going to the 220

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Valimini tangs are absolute beasts! Beautiful. What are the dimensions in this tank again?

-Zack, who is to lazy to backscroll

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Valimini tangs are absolute beasts! Beautiful. What are the dimensions in this tank again?

-Zack, who is to lazy to backscroll

8ft long 3ft wide 4ft tall. Been researching saltwater ponds because long term that’s a lot of fish to be cooped up in my tank. Maybe an above ground pond?

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that is awesome!!! I'm in the process of getting my 400 going. I've bought at OceanView and place is great. Any recommendations on really well priced frags to get this tank started? Looking for some cheaper frags as I need quantity at this point

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back