75 gallon (4ft) flow options

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New 75 gallon tank and needing to consider flow options. Tank has a corner return and corner overflow. Currently have a Tunze turbelle. Not sure the exact size or anything but no controller, just plugs right into power. It’s the size of a tennis ball if that might help anyone ID the model. Regardless, I would like some control ability without spending a thousand dollars on EcoTechs.

Looking at BRS, seems almost every powerhead has sub-4 star reviews except Tunze. I feel like Tunze falls under the “no frills but reliable and cheap” category. Should I just get another Turbelle with the integrated controller? Or should I look at a Nero 5. Also considering a potential Gyre but really unimpressed with some of the reviews of that style powerhead.

Overall, do we think two sizable powerheads with one on either side should do the flow trick? Should I put the constant flow one on the overflow side and the controlled one on the return side?

Tank will be LPS and softie dominant.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DT is 65g and I use 2 MP40s. Flow options also relate to glass thickness for mounting purposes.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%

Back