75-gallon not good with an mp10?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having trouble with an mp10 getting knocked off the glass of a standard 75 gallon tank? About once a month the magnet actually pops off the back during my program. So I have to clean it make sure the glass is clean put a back on and it's good for about a month and then it does it again. When reading the specs on the mp10 I'm sure that the 75 tank glass thickness wasn't too thick so I'm not sure what the problem is or if it's just my pump.
I think I'm going to end up switching it out with a Jabeo that's in my Sump, this just became an expensive sump pump.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does the magnet actually come off, or does the entire wet side fall off?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting...running MP10 on 3/8" glass and it's doing ok at the low flow I need (40 gal tank). However, before I got the two additional powerheads and had to have the MP10 cranked up much higher I had similar issues. It'd be fine for a few weeks then just pop off (learned really quick that those tie straps are a really good idea). 3/8" is the advertised limit but I do think at higher flows it's right at that limit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back