75 Gallon redo that became a 220

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! yes going to use 1/4'' thick clear acrylic on the front. yeah gonna HD but only because that's what I have haha
That I going to look pretty cool then. White sump, and the clear acrylic "Classic" :cool:

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to use same material to cover outside of stand also. Shouldn't be affected by water or light

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following guys, looks like a super strong and beautiful build. Look forward to progress.

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to run home earlier today so took a moment to put first coat of black paint on the back. Originally was planning on black vinyl on the back. when we put it on we put a few drops of soap in the water to help move around if we needed to and it created this weird blue and green film on the back so removed and changed to paint. Anytime we install this vinyl on vehicles we use the soap I guess it is always like that but since it is on glass it shows up.

IMG_20160905_100017611.jpg

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates work has been insane to say the least. Got to put in a little time on the sump so will post pics soon.

I am looking for thoughts on heaters
I am thinking 2-500W instead of 800W in case one fail as that way hopefully will catch it before disaster.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I was away from R2R for a while and was catching up on PM's when I came across our old conversation. What I would have given back in the 90's to have that CNC machine when I was fabricating Corian!! That sump turned out FANTASTIC!! I miss building stuff from Corian! I think everyone in our family had a Texas shaped or a pig shaped trivet, clocks and I'd give anything if I still had that aquarium I made out of cooktop/sink cutouts haha. Any updates on the system?

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
life has been coming at us from all directions lately it seems like. We have been able to make some progress as of late.
we did have a setback with the tank we noticed a large chip under a area of excess silicone on the existing tank we purchased and after some considering we opted to replace the tank. SBReef hooked us up so not too painful. new tank is in place, holes drilled, back painted, synergy reef overflow installed and plumbed. Started water test over the weekend everything good no leaks but going to change a few things up on returns. I will post some pictures soon.

The sump looks great, how's it holding up?
I let the sump sit outside with water inside for a few weeks that way it would be exposed to temperature changes
to hopefully expose any potential issues and none so far but just water test on system ;Nailbiting

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the only photo I have of the plumbing on the back of the tank. the tank is going to be placed in front of a window for access in the future but was easier to work on then rotate the tank into place. unfortunately I had a plan all drawn up but when I started plumbing I deviated from the plan and overlooked a few things. I wanted the return plumbing to run up to the top of the tank then down to the tank to help create a syphon brake. I hopped on line to verify some information on check valves and ran across Melev's reverse check valve and thought that would be a nice addition so changed some things and totally got off track. Also after water test realize need to add a fewvalves so can even out flow.

plumbing.jpg

return.jpg

should have been more like this :confused:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great progress

OP
OP
ochriso

ochriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do know .....You will be making all of our sumps now!!!! very nice!

thanks... I would love to but i'm thinking turn around time may be undesirable not to mention $$$.

Already whish I would have made it larger but oh well all ready planning add on fuge

Great progress
Thank you

Reeflogic