75 gallon reef tank

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been doing a lot of weekend out of towns and I guess my tank has been neglected. Did a water change today and all my corals perked up. Gotta remember to keep up on the water changes....

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know what you mean brother, mine is also getting neglected ever since I started school up.

Did you participate in the POTO live sale?
Negative! I've been up camping/hunting for the past 5 weekends. I had scouting for 2 weekends, Men's Retreat with my church, and hunting for 2 weekends. Now I'm home for 3 weekends and then back up hunting for 2 more.
;Blackeye;Dead

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I upgraded a little today. I added a sump to my 70. I haven't put it online yet, but I started getting all the plumbing set up. I picked up two VCA random flow generators for the return. Thanks @ReefStache for putting them in my crosshairs! Next update is going to be redoing the scape and then combining the AIO in with it. The 5 gallon is either going to be a small salt reef tank or freshwater shrimp tank on my desk at work.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I should be working on my rockscape tomorrow and then breaking down the 5 gallon AIO!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I;Playful A one sentence update to join another giveaway contest, luv it! I guess I'm not the only one now.;Hilarious!
For the record, I was up north elk hunting. Hard to do a tank build update 3 hours from home.
Jack Mcbrayer Shrug GIF by Team Coco

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I was cleaning the glass on my tank today and the stupid magnetic scraper fell off and fragged my rainbow Stylo for me twice. Then, I was cleaning in the 5 gallon and my hand fragged my red digitata... :oops: The joys of cleaning tanks. The good news is I have a couple of extra frags of each. If they survive and do good, maybe I can make a few bucks off of them...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh boy... I was over mixing some salt for a water change and caught a drip from the corner of my eye. Looks like my sump sprung a little leak. I had to turn off the sump, drain the return section, and resealed it. We'll check it out Saturday but I'm hopeful!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back