75 gallon reef tank

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So yesterday I FINALLY found some true peppermint shrimp in stock and got two! Also, while I was there I saw a little tiny War Paint Goby for $12. He's kind of skinny but I'm hopeful. He ate some frozen mysids yesterday so he's eating...

Fingers Crossed Twc306 GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's under a @noopsyche K7 Pro II 90 watt. Imagine how yours are going to do with the K7 V3!
My dying cap and digi are springing back to life after installing the noops. I may have a dead goniopora coming back to life too. It might be too soon to know. I was sure the polyps were gone and done. Just a bit ago they were making a peak. I'm prayin!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My dying cap and digi are springing back to life after installing the noops. I may have a dead goniopora coming back to life too. It might be too soon to know. I was sure the polyps were gone and done. Just a bit ago they were making a peak. I'm prayin!
I have a Beach Bum or JKR Mirage Monti that had no polyps or skin and a rainbow monti that was down to 2 polyps. Both are now about a quarter inch round with 20-30 polyps each. My spongodes had RTN but it has now tripled in size since putting it under the Noop. They're quite amazing lights.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think the k3 was out when I was light shopping either. I love mine. Also, my orbits only offer 1 year warranty. The noops are giving 2 years. I feel robbed.
Current-USA products carry a one year limited warranty from the date of purchase, lamps carry a 3-month limited warranty. Yup.. Never buy current usa lights.. Just say no.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can't get a pic of the JKR because of it's location, but here's the rainbow monti. Like I said, it had one polyp, maybe 2 when I put it under the Noop. Don't worry, the bubbles aren't bubble algae.
IMG_20211029_165622437.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That , is it a forest fire or bubble gum digi? However, it is nice! Love the way it is growing.
Bubble gum. I want a forest fire and Boston Bean still. I have a plain red one in the 5 gallon that grew into a massive ball and then started throwing branches straight up. I've accidentally fragged it 3 times now. Super fragile.
IMG_20210717_191212704~2.jpg

Edit: this is last month - significantly more growth than this today. Lights are off so no recent pics, sorry.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build thread and you have quite a few nice corals. Everyone’s talking about these new lights. They seem to be doing really well for a lot of people. I may have to look into them for when I start my new build.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice build thread and you have quite a few nice corals. Everyone’s talking about these new lights. They seem to be doing really well for a lot of people. I may have to look into them for when I start my new build.
These are the old Noopsyche lights. I have the K7 Pro II 90 watt. I'd really be interested in trying out the 140 watt K7 V3. I'm going to be buying the 75watt to add to the tank if nothing else.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I read up on them yesterday they have all the bells and whistles. How are the older one holding up for you tho. Seem to be doing well.
Yep. They're doing great! I contacted Noop and they told me that the new controller is backwards compatible so that's cool.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Current stock list:
Blue Chromis x1
Six Line Wrasse X1
Peppermint Shrimp X2
Emerald Crab x1
Various hermits and snails
Fighting Conch x1
SPS corals (mostly montis) x7
LPS corals (favias, favites, galaxea) x4
Fuzzy green mushroom x1

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes, less is more. I know a lot of people love to stuff every nook and cranny. I tried to do that before. It ended up looking like terrible.
Yeah I read up on them yesterday they have all the bells and whistles. How are the older one holding up for you tho. Seem to be doing well.
I don't know much about their bells and whistles. It's just a simple controller and one powerful light. I have been par testing since I have had it.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The new rock scape pieces made it to Chandler on Saturday and have been driving around Chandler in a truck. Finally, today they made it to the Chandler FedEx office to be loaded onto a truck to hopefully be delivered tomorrow....
Screenshot_20211109-213428.png

Back