75 gallon reef tank

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They don't really do anything other than look unsightly if you don't like them. I never minded them really. I used to have them caked all on the back of my glass, around my torch coral and other shaded areas. CBB came in reduced the population to the sump.
Are Copper Band's not coral eaters?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are Copper Band's not coral eaters?
I read a lot eat acans. Mine nearly did. I'll take pics later. Nori keeps my cbb from the acan I have. If I don't add nori on to a rock now, the acan gets nipped.

Mostly a threat to anemones and some fleshy lps, i would have to read up again what others they have a taste for.

So, they don't usually eat coral. But, may nip if hungry... There's a lot of (my cbb wont eat) threads more than anything else.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I read a lot eat acans. Mine nearly did. I'll take pics later. Nori keeps my cbb from the acan I have. If I don't add nori on to a rock now, the acan gets nipped.

Mostly a threat to anemones and some fleshy lps, i would have to read up again what others they have a taste for.
My only LPS are fleshy and they're the ones my wife likes... I'd have to keep an eye on it I guess.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My only LPS are fleshy and they're the ones my wife likes... I'd have to keep an eye on it I guess.
Any acans?
I have goniopora, zoas/palythoa, hammers, octospawn, blastomussa and an acan. Only thing that caught her interest was the acan and many worms. aiptasia are not safe and any paly that acts like one.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any acans?
I have goniopora, zoas/palythoa, hammers, octospawn, blastomussa and an acan. Only thing that caught her interest was the acan and many worms aiptasia are not safe and any paly that acts like one.
A couple of zoas, some favia/favites, galaxea, a maze, and an alveopora.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tomorrow night should be the night the cichlids sell so I can start my 75! I can't wait. So far I've got my 5 gallon AIO and a 15 bare bottom. Once the 75 is cycled I'll be moving the 15 into that and replacing it with a 30 gallon sump.

Current Setup
IMG_20200718_125809958.jpg

I'm running a Noophsyce K7 so I already have a saltwater light on it. I know I'll probably have to upgrade to grow some of the harder corals, but it's a good start!
You won't need to upgrade to different lights. The Noopsyche K7 are great powerful lights, some say better than the very expensive ones.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You won't need to upgrade to different lights. The Noopsyche K7 are great powerful lights, some say better than the very expensive ones.
They're all doing great. I just purchased a V3 to add more par.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Added a trumpet and a couple of green monti caps yesterday. I'm hoping the green and red will swirl somewhat. I like seeing the green and red layers when they grow close and within each other. I understand that the most likely scenario is that one of them will overgrow the other one.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How big are red and green caps? If under half an inch I wouldn't do it. You need enough surface to work with so they can eventually fuse, don't let them touch, but keep them close enough they grow into each other on their own.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How big are red and green caps? If under half an inch I wouldn't do it. You need enough surface to work with so they can eventually fuse, don't let them touch, but keep them close enough they grow into each other on their own.
The red is about an inch and a half, the green is close to 2 inches.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More noo-p giveaways.
I am sure you'd find this though. I never seen so many lights given away in my life.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
More noo-p giveaways.
I am sure you'd find this though. I never seen so many lights given away in my life.
I saw. Thanks though! I'll be entering for sure

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw. Thanks though! I'll be entering for sure
So you are aware this one is a r2r giveaway. My noopsyche light was a r2r giveaway where nj taxman and @kittenbritches won it from noopsyche. So for them the r2r giveaway rules don’t apply. There were/are giveaways (ex Red Sea Tank) that I wish I could have entered.

Please read our general R2R giveaway guidelines/disclaimers HERE!

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you are aware this one is a r2r giveaway. My noopsyche light was a r2r giveaway where nj taxman and @kittenbritches won it from noopsyche. So for them the r2r giveaway rules don’t apply.

He should be good to go :)

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you are aware this one is a r2r giveaway. My noopsyche light was a r2r giveaway where nj taxman and @kittenbritches won it from noopsyche. So for them the r2r giveaway rules don’t apply. There were/are giveaways (ex Red Sea Tank) that I wish I could have entered.

Yep. I won $100 so I ended up paying $100 for my 75 watt but that was through Noopsyche so I still qualify as well.

I won the first Reef Diaper giveaway the other day.... Not sure what I'm going to do with that because I don't currently use filter socks. I can modify my current sump or I had actually planned on buying some to use for water changed. Filter out algae/crud while siphoning but not dump as much water down the drain.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back