75 gallon stocking help

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with about 100lb of live rock, can I put these fish all in there

2 clownfish
2 firefish
1 coral beauty
1 yellow watchman goby
1 azure damsel
1 lawnmower blenny
1. Tomini tang
1 Melanuras wrasse
1 yellow coris wrasse
(Maybe one spot foxface)
SO 12 fish all with different hiding spots and swimming spaces will this work or should I remove some??

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that tang would be fine in a 75. Stockist looks fine to me I currently have a new 75 gallon with 100 pounds of rock instead of a tang I mixed three dwarf angelfish together.

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, except the tang (unless you’re planning on upgrading within a few yea
I think that tang would be fine in a 75. Stockist looks fine to me I currently have a new 75 gallon with 100 pounds of rock instead of a tang I mixed three dwarf angelfish together.
Yeah that’s what I was think because it’s tomini and not something big like a sail fin or naso tang.

Littlesquishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Liveaquaria the bristletooth tomini tang minimum tank size is 70 gallons. I'm sure you are good to go on the Tang. No idea on the foxface. I don't like the whole poisonous spikes the fish has.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with about 100lb of live rock, can I put these fish all in there

2 clownfish
2 firefish
1 coral beauty
1 yellow watchman goby
1 azure damsel
1 lawnmower blenny
1. Tomini tang
1 Melanuras wrasse
1 yellow coris wrasse
(Maybe one spot foxface)
SO 12 fish all with different hiding spots and swimming spaces will this work or should I remove some??
Looks pretty reasonable to me.

In my experience, any Ctenochaetus tang (like tomini or kole and others) and the lawnmower type blennies HATE each other. My tomini and lawnmower chase each other around my 6 foot 125. Circle-shaped bite marks show up on the tomini's side. I would probably choose a different blenny, like a bicolor, tail spot, or midas.

I would skip the foxface, for size reasons.

The melanurus and yellow 'coris' are fairly closely related. There may be a problem there, but some people do have success.

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty reasonable to me.

In my experience, any Ctenochaetus tang (like tomini or kole and others) and the lawnmower type blennies HATE each other. My tomini and lawnmower chase each other around my 6 foot 125. Circle-shaped bite marks show up on the tomini's side. I would probably choose a different blenny, like a bicolor, tail spot, or midas.

I would skip the foxface, for size reasons.

The melanurus and yellow 'coris' are fairly closely related. There may be a problem there, but some people do have success.
I agree with lm blenny I currently have one slightly under 2" and I'm debating with myself to get rid of him he seems to hate my goby and flamehawk he also hates other deep body benthic feeders and can cause a nasty circle shaped bites with hit and run tactics. What's worse is these marks can result in nasty bacterial infection however he is definitely the hardest working fish and cleans my power heads fish guards. Kind of like a grumpy high school janitor lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back