75 Gallon Tank Flow

WatchBrowns

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
10
Location
ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about grabbing a second Aqua Illumination Orbit 2’s to place on both ends of my 75 gallon tank (48x18x21) and running them at about 30-70% on a random cycle.

My tank currently houses (2) clownfish and I will eventually add an anemone, soft and LPS coral, and a handful of additional fish/inverts.

Will (2) AI Orbit 2s alone be sufficient for flow in this tank or should I need to introduce a few smaller power heads/wave makers as well?

I have (2) current USA loop wavemakers and an old Hydor Koralia Evo on hand if needed.

My sump return pump is likely only running at about 300gph and I am also running a Fluval FX4 canister filter at roughly 425gph and is primarily acting as a media reactor, helping increase water flow, and assisting with quick/easy water changes.

With a second Orbit 2 (both running at 75%) and without the wavemakers/power heads, I would be sitting at just under 4000gph of flow with the option to ramp up to just under 5000gph.

Should I include the other wavemakers/power heads or would my flow already sufficient with the 2 orbits, sump pump, and Canister Filter?
 
Last edited:
I would start with your idea for the 2 orbits and then add as needed. Your corals/tank will tell you where flow is too much or not enough.
 
Upvote 0
What frequency and pulse should I be on for a 75 gallon tank with 2 clowns and an anemone
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new