750 gallon build

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here are some new videos of the whole tank. This is my first time posting videos so I hope it works.

Beautiful mix of fish. Thought my tank was a Beast !!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very Very NICE !!

OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve some fishes at various stages of quarantine and treatment. Because anthias are really prone to uronema I treat them with metronidazole right away along with copper. I do a hybrid copper / tank transfer method. So every two days I move them to a new container with full dose copper and metro. After two weeks they go in observation for two weeks with black mollies and I add praziquantel (that why the water is cloudy). So far it’s worked out well. I found that leaving the fishes in the same tank for two weeks with copper resulted in secondary bacterial infections.
Right now I have in here 9 female lyretails, 1 male lyretail, 2 female square spots, 1 male square spot, 2 borbonius, 1 red stripe, 1 yellow stripe, 1 coopers, 1 extra truncate (hold over from last QT).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is (was) a 40 gallon refugium but I’ve decided against adding chaeto for now. The flow is slow and there are lots of pods and things in here. I’m using a couple IceCap algae scrubbers (that I don’t like at all) and they aren’t collecting any turf yet so I need more bioload.
I have no where to put these maroon clowns so this is where they live for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my former frag tank. I’ve decided I’m going to convert it to a lagoon type tank so I can put my LPS in here and they won’t get munched by the filefish.

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is (was) a 40 gallon refugium but I’ve decided against adding chaeto for now. The flow is slow and there are lots of pods and things in here. I’m using a couple IceCap algae scrubbers (that I don’t like at all) and they aren’t collecting any turf yet so I need more bioload.
I have no where to put these maroon clowns so this is where they live for now.

Hey, I wanted to ask you a few questions about your scrubbers. Would you mind emailing me at [email protected] at your convenience? Neat scrubber install, btw!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW I am a HUGE peninsula fan and this one is just amazing. to bad I could not have a tank built in my basement like that!!

I bet that was $$$$$ eh?
love the aquascape and schooling fish. something so natural about this tank! just beautiful

OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW I am a HUGE peninsula fan and this one is just amazing. to bad I could not have a tank built in my basement like that!!

I bet that was $$$$$ eh?
love the aquascape and schooling fish. something so natural about this tank! just beautiful

Thanks! The rock work was designed for lots of fishes and for surface area for corals to grow. And yes, it can get pricey ;)

OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got tired of the IceCap ATS not working so I did a little modification. Who cares about the warranty.

The screen is held on to the 1/2” diameter spray bar with cable ties. I cut those off and used thin rings of 3/4” PVC pipe cut into C’s to hold the screen. Now I can remove the screen to clean it.

The slit in the spray bar is exactly the right thickness to fit the screen. However, that’s all it can fit so absolutely no water can pass through the slit. I don’t know who designed this. So I drilled holes every 1/2” along the slit so that water can flow down the screen. Everything works perfectly now. I’ll see how good the growth is in a month or so since it’s like starting all over.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back