OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to move 5 lyretail anthias and 3 kashiwae anthias out of 15 day copper/metro treatment and into observation (and prazipro). I lost 2 lyretails to uronema during treatment so I gave the remaining 8 a formalin bath before putting them in observation. They don’t show symptoms but I just want to be sure. If they show symptoms I’ll change them to CP for another 14 days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last fish has left treatment and now it’s just the observation. He is a lyretail anthias. He didn’t show any signs of uronema so I didn’t put him in formalin. I’m still unsure about whether it shortens their lives. All the fishes in observation will be ready within the next 2 weeks.

I was unhappy with the old 48x24” frag tank and made it a lagoon. I moved most of the LPS and the few zoas and mushrooms I had to this tank. It’s just sand, no rock. It’s too inconvenient to buy new rock right now.

I installed a new, smaller, frag tank, 36x18”, and rejigged a few things. I started by removing everything off this “table” (it’s actually a 2 by 4 tank stand) and reinforced the legs. Then I removed the scrubber and all the junk I kept on top.

Then I put the frag tank on top. I made this nifty stand for the scrubbers. The way this works now is the manifold in the sump feeds the frag tank and the ATS’s. The ATS’s drain into the frag tank and the frag tank plus ATS’s drain into the “refugium” underneath. I haven’t put the gate on the overflow yet and the abs is just temporary

This is just a full tank shot that I took to practice my photo taking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dealing with Aiptasia. In the display I check up to 3 times a day and I find up to 5 a day that I smother with Kalk paste. It seems to make a hard coating around them. I have a filefish and a team of peppermints that I’m assuming are taking out the smallest ones because the ones I’m finding are probably too big to grow in just a few days; obviously I missed them first time around. The problem is I have some in the sump and in the refugium so I’m sure I have an endless supply. I could nuke the sump but the refugium is a no go. I put 20 Berghia nudibranchs in there but never saw them again. I blacked it out to force pedal laceration. I’m hoping that reduces shooting larvae into the water column.

Once the covid quarantine is over I’ll work on getting a copperband.

Does everyone just live with them or has anyone ever really eradicated them?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • None.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back