OP
OP
L

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the exact same tank I have I think. I have it set up with one of the eshopps sumps and HOB overflow. You should be able to see plumbing set up in the early pages of my build thread for ideas. Happy to share plumbing was rather easy (says someone who never touched PVC before he got addicted to this). Even though a lot of people advised against HOB overflow, I didn't drill the tank in the end either. HOB overflow hasn't lost siphon in 4 years now. (and have set up some redundancy in case it ever does)
Awesome. Thanks. I'll check it out.
Beautiful Tang ! Bristletooth ? I'm planning a 75 or 90 upgrade next yr for those type of fish. Soace won't allow anything longer right now
Yep. Or Tomini tang is the other name for it I think. From what I've read it's the only tang the police will let you keep in a 4ft tank. :)

OP
OP
L

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha true. But even with tank full I could add what you see there pretty easily with the unions. The entire set up comes off for easy cleaning
Duh. :facepalm: Good point. Once it's all measured out, I can do a test fit off the tank and just hang it on once it's assembled. Doesn't have to be assembled ON the tank. I was thinking of doing soft tubing, but maybe PVC is more doable than I thought.

OP
OP
L

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another hitchhiker find. Some kind of feather duster worm. They are itty bitty. They're starting to pop up on the dry rock. Hoping they're not a bad thing.
20211022_151723.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! And I think my snails are reproducing. Little white dots with antenna moving around on my glass. Not sure which snails they are. Too small to get a good picture.

And I've spotted an asterina star.

Anyone have a recommendation for attachable lens for a cell phone? Think I need a macro lens to get pictures of some of these smaller critters.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! And I think my snails are reproducing. Little white dots with antenna moving around on my glass. Not sure which snails they are. Too small to get a good picture.

And I've spotted an asterina star.

Anyone have a recommendation for attachable lens for a cell phone? Think I need a macro lens to get pictures of some of these smaller critters.
I have these and I love how the pictures look with my pixel and thse lenses.

but if you put reef lenses in amazon there is quite a few of them and you can then choose the ones you prefer

OP
OP
L

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good guys.
Thought so. Thanks.
I have these and I love how the pictures look with my pixel and thse lenses.

but if you put reef lenses in amazon there is quite a few of them and you can then choose the ones you prefer

Actually have those in my cart. Was trying to find a zoom lense that didn't seem too cheapy.

Back