75g Reef

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Wife got our 75 scaped this weekend! We're extremely excited to get this tank going!

We were a little concerned after we got it in the tank of being too tall with water changes. We'll make sure to do high light corals there, and keep them wet for water changes. Corals should be fine no longer than they'll be not completely submerged I hope.

We have abs board under the rock. Currently getting rodi water made and mixing the salt in.

Filtration will be 2 Seachem Tidal 110 filters. Jaebo pp8 WaveMaker.

Heaters are 2 Fluval M200s with an inkbird heater controller.

Lights are 2 Ocean Revive Arctic T-247B Full Spectrum LEDs.

Not sure what all she has in mind for stocking, but starting with Scarlet hermit crabs and eventually a a pair of clowns when the cycle gets done.

Here's the scape!

received_500116960991654.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Wow that is a high aquascape! You will just need to place some high PAR corals in that area that do not grow upward. But, that is definitely do-able.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is completely clear already! Got it filled completely yesterday. Salinity is where it should be.

Dosed some Fritz turbo start 900 last night and added a few flakes.

I absolutely love this jaebo pp8 WaveMaker. So satisfying watching the water movement. Our seachem tidal 110 filters are very loud surprisingly. I've got a 35, and a 55, and neither are this loud. Hopefully they quieten down some.

I need to play with the WaveMaker location. Currently it's in the back aimed up some, but it's obviously interfering with the tidal streams. Not sure if that will be an issue.

We've got 2 200w Fluval M series heaters. I've got them turned to 80 right now, and they are constantly going on and off, but temp seems to have stalled at 74 degrees according to my thermometer. May get a more reliable one unless it's just gonna take a while to heat this tank. I took them off the inkbird controller until it got to where it needed to be on their own.

20210407_071537.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, we've added a royal gramma, a pair of black Picasso clowns, 2 red reef crabs, and 2 Halloween crabs. Everything is doing great!

My wife is going to add a few more caves throughout the scape. Seems a little too open at the moment. We almost wish we hadn't put the one piece of rock SO close to the surface now. Maybe some high light sps will work out on it though. It looks cool, but not sure how practical it's going to be.

I've been doing 10 gallon water changes weekly. We're waiting on lights to come in before adding any corals. This tank is becoming a dream come true so far!

20210413_210632.jpg
20210413_210542.jpg
20210422_134248.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, we added a few things. This tank is just breathtaking already. I am really getting over my love for freshwater planted tanks. My 125 gallon just looks so lifeless and boring compared to this 75. Really thinking it will eventually be a reef.

Anyway, we added a few hermit crabs from the 20g this last weekend as we transition. We've got 10 more blue leg hermits coming tomorrow, along with 10 Astrea, and 4 Nassarius snails.

Today's additions were:
2" Starry Blenny. Absolutely love this fish.

Corals from Corals Anonymous below. Extremely pleased with these guys! Everything is already opening up and polyps out!
Hot pink Zoas
Radioactive dragon eye Zoas
Green polyp leather toadstool
Teal tipped yellow mouth green frogspawn
Mini golden green cristata torch
Purple tipped branching hammer
Alien hive favia
Pulsing Xenia

The xenia died slowly in our 20g. Hopefully in this tank it will do well!

Back