75Gal Innovative Marine INT- Mixed reef

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E8FA7B1C-05D5-45AB-947D-587D7D08610C.jpeg

Anyone tried this bottled coralline from Ark Reef?

Yes it works just keep everything stable. In a month or less you will see coraline popping up everywhere. Stability is key though. Great company

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E8FA7B1C-05D5-45AB-947D-587D7D08610C.jpeg

Anyone tried this bottled coralline from Ark Reef?
I just added it to my tanks last week, we will see. Also so excited to see someone else with my skimmer!! Beautiful build my friend. My wife and I love diving in Hawaii too!, we usually stay on Maui.
Keep it up man!

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added it to my tanks last week, we will see. Also so excited to see someone else with my skimmer!! Beautiful build my friend. My wife and I love diving in Hawaii too!, we usually stay on Maui.
Keep it up man!

That skimmer is a beast. I don’t even have anything in my tank and it’s pulling gunk. Excited to see how it does long term. Love diving. Last time we were in o’ahu and I was thinking the whole time we were there how much better Maui is. Didn’t care for the populated city feel. Have you ever dove in Cozumel?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer is a beast. I don’t even have anything in my tank and it’s pulling gunk. Excited to see how it does long term. Love diving. Last time we were in o’ahu and I was thinking the whole time we were there how much better Maui is. Didn’t care for the populated city feel. Have you ever dove in Cozumel?
Yea Cozumel is great, haven’t been there in 5 years though. I learned with that skimmer it helps to raise it on egg crate about 4 inches. I went from dumping the cup 4 times a day to once every other day. And it’s yucky lol.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 100INT and curious about your starboard supplier and how you dealt with the back wall shape? Did you end up doing it yourself ?

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t go with starboard. By the time I paid for shipping and for them to cut it it ended up being like $150. I just called a local plastics shop and went with 1/4” textured ABS sheet. Paid $22. Then measured the back wall out and scored it and it snapped out.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking that sump? Would you buy that one again if you had to do it over?

Considering the 75g EXT and i'm tossing around sump ideas.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking that sump? Would you buy that one again if you had to do it over?

Considering the 75g EXT and i'm tossing around sump ideas.

Be honest I’m not liking it that much. The fuge to skimmer area is really loud unless they are set exactly the same. For a “triton method” sump all the dosing ports are in the rerun pump chamber when triton method recommends dosing in the fuge chamber. Since I have purchased it I know they have released the “V2”. Not sure what they have changed. Wished I would have spent another $150 and went with the synergy reef triton method sump.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be honest I’m not liking it that much. The fuge to skimmer area is really loud unless they are set exactly the same. For a “triton method” sump all the dosing ports are in the rerun pump chamber when triton method recommends dosing in the fuge chamber. Since I have purchased it I know they have released the “V2”. Not sure what they have changed. Wished I would have spent another $150 and went with the synergy reef triton method sump.

Awesome thanks for an honest review. I was expecting a super biased bloated you love it response haha.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious on your guys cycle length using dry rock. I got the system wet on the 10th of this month and dosed microbacter7 for 2 weeks. I added a shrimp and saw my first ammonia reading on the 22nd of .2 using the Red Sea test kit. I saw it drop to 0 on the 26th and am back now to .2. How long until I start seeing nitrite make an appearance?

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out dr tims website on how to use their dr tims one and only stuff, basically the same as microbater so the timeline will follow the same. you may want to dose ammonia directly so you know a specific concentration

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? You almost done cycling? I just started cycling the 75 Ext last weekend.

I'm thinking of purchasing that eSsence skimmer as well. Curious how well it would hold up under a heavy load.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah cycle is finished. I tore down my 15 gallon column and put everything from that in there and a couple new fish. Cant believe the growth i'm already getting on some of my frags due to the T5 and Ap700 lighting. That Essence skimmer is a BEAST though. I am really liking it. One thing that is really starting to drive me crazy is all the particles in the water column because that triton sump has no spot for filter socks. I ordered some draw string ones that i put on my drain line. Was pretty tricky getting in that small space. Will post a pic in a little bit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back