0   0   0
9277E78C-4D3B-49B0-9F27-186DE032BF5F.jpeg

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, new member to the website. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your IM75 build post and I've been lurking in the thread for a while since I was planning on starting up the exact same tank soon before stumbling across your post. Actually just registered as member so I could message you, haha.

I had a few questions I was hoping you could clarify!

How has the tank/stand build quality been so far? Are you still happy with the tank/stand itself?

How is the coast to coast overflow? How is the noise? Do you have problems with detritus building up in the overflow?

I saw that you went with the TS triton 34 v2 even though it is a little too big for the stand. I was originally about to buy the TS triton 26 v2 before seeing your post because I thought the stand couldn't even fit the 34. Do you feel the bigger refug in the 34 is worth losing the space in the cabinet/price?

Would you mind going in more detail how you were able to modify the stand so the sump doesn't bow downward with weight and crack?

I did see that your post that you wished you went with SR triton sump instead. Do you still feel strongly about this? If so, can you elaborate?

I'm sorry for bombarding you with all these questions, but I'm just super curious about your thoughts on things since you're one of the only people that I've seen making a build thread with this particular tank!

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh one more thing. What made you decide to get Neptune Cor20 over Ecotech Vectra?

Also, I apologize in advance if this question is completely stupid (still trying to learn all of this stuff)....for the drains I see there are the primary bean drain, e-drain, and secondary e-drain. I'm a little confused on the actual drains. Is it draining from the primary bean drain 100% of the time with the secondary drain being the backup and the e-drain being the backup to the backup OR is it draining from both the primary bean drain and the secondary drain 100% of the time with the e-drain being the emergency back up?

Another question on the drain... If the pump shuts off, where does the water line in the overflow drop to? I assume it's that grey T fitting and not the bottom of the bean drain?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Nubbie Sorry i took so long to get back to you. But here it goes...
Hey, new member to the website. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your IM75 build post and I've been lurking in the thread for a while since I was planning on starting up the exact same tank soon before stumbling across your post. Actually just registered as member so I could message you, haha.

I had a few questions I was hoping you could clarify!

How has the tank/stand build quality been so far? Are you still happy with the tank/stand itself?

How is the coast to coast overflow? How is the noise? Do you have problems with detritus building up in the overflow?

I saw that you went with the TS triton 34 v2 even though it is a little too big for the stand. I was originally about to buy the TS triton 26 v2 before seeing your post because I thought the stand couldn't even fit the 34. Do you feel the bigger refug in the 34 is worth losing the space in the cabinet/price?

Would you mind going in more detail how you were able to modify the stand so the sump doesn't bow downward with weight and crack?

I did see that your post that you wished you went with SR triton sump instead. Do you still feel strongly about this? If so, can you elaborate?

I'm sorry for bombarding you with all these questions, but I'm just super curious about your thoughts on things since you're one of the only people that I've seen making a build thread with this particular tank!

-Tank/ stand build quality: I couldn't be happier. Glass is awesome, Stand is awesome. I wish it came frome the factory with 1" return line instead of the 3/4". but other than that i am loving the tank

-The coast to coast overflow: i like it, i think it makes for a clean look. It does take away some space but i don't mind. When everything is dialed in it is completely silent, and i do have to clean out the back every 2 months or so for detritus. A lot gets sucked down but not 100% of everything

-For the sump it is actually the V1 version. wish it had sock holders but i just use the drain pipe to tie it and hold it in place. For fitting it in the stand, it does fit but the stand has a lip around the bottom from the aluminum square tube to the plastic sheet on the bottom. the sump sits on the aluminum lip and i welded up a square support to fill the gap. i also used that automotive sound deadening mat to cover both sides of it so there was no rattles. But i am glad i went with the bigger sump to increase water volume and have the bigger fuge area. Only down side to the big sump is that if anything ever goes wrong with it i will have to drain the display to remove one of the walls of the stand to pull it out.

-For the return pump i went the cor20 just because i have a full neptune system and wanted the monitoring on the pump.

Hope i answered all your questions... and that they make sense. Let me know if you have any questions!

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for going over all of that! I actually just purchased the tank and should get it in sometime next week. A lot of my build will be copying your build with some minor differences. I ended up going with the synergy reef TS-26 sump over the one that you have. TBH, having a 34" sump is definitely superior to a 26", but I really wanted fit ATO tank and all the other controllers under the stand so the trade off was a smaller sump.

The biggest selling point for me with this tank was the coast to coast overflow AND bean animal drain. Not only does it look clean, but it's harder to clog and skims evenly across the entire tank. The bean animal drain is just superior to all other drains imo. My biggest concern currently with the tank is the detritus buildup in the overflow with the way they designed the tank. Do you think it would help to drop a small pump back there to keep everything circulating?

Another thing, since I went with a smaller sump, I've been wondering if it's an option to drop the heater in the overflow instead of the sump.... Normally, I wouldn't even consider the overflow. But our overflow is so large, I was thinking about putting that space to use. I would probably put the heater in there along with backup temp controller to shut off the heater if it starts to overheat. I also think it would probably make the system more efficient since the heat will both be carried into the sump and radiate out the back of the tank. I assume that even if you turn off the return pump, it doesn't drain past the top of the bean animal drain? I would really appreciate it if you could clarify this! :)

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on man! congrats on the purchase. I think it would help to throw a pump back there. They put these glass baffles in i think 2 of them to try to get the flow to go across the bottom glass so detritus doesn't collect but they don't work that well. Now that i think of it.... They are probably just supports for the overflow. The only reason i haven't put a pump back there or heaters is just to reduce the amount of cords coming out of the tank because its right in my living room. I'm not sure the heaters in that back would be more efficient. It seams like the heated water would just get sucked down the overflow and into your sump and all the back up and out into the display. Don't quote me on that though. The water level when i shut my return pump stops at the return nozzles. I don't have a check valve or anything on my return line.

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really nice and clean Chase. 2x mp40 isn't enough flow that you had to add two more pumps in the back?? o_O I have my 2x mp40s dialed down to 20-30% or they will start a sandstorm in the tank lol.

Did you start dosing triton right now or are you doing 2 part to start?

Oh, one thing I've been meaning to ask you...where do you dial your water level in the overflow? Right below the secondary drain or do you let it trickle down the secondary drain? I have mine dialed about 1cm under the secondary drain mainly for noise purposes. Currently the tank runs completely silent. No water noise at all. Actually the loudest thing is probably the fan in the apex lol.

My INT 75 is set up and cycling at the moment. I took a lot of inspiration from your build! Thanks for starting this thread!

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I added the 2 on the back to try and get less linear flow. If that makes sense. Im actually going to start dialing back my flow this week and see if my alk consumption goes up. My 2 mp’s are at 60%, my cor20 is pushing like 430gph down my return and the 2 hydors that are like 850gph. Haha I don’t think flow will ever be a problem:eek: But yeah been dosing triton since like month 2. My water just barely trickles down the second pipe otherwise it gets scummy back there. I sanded the id of the pipe to round it out a bit and it’s quiet enough. Speaking of apex my eb832 is the loudest thing on my setup. I think I need to contact Neptune. I have to give it a good tap everyday to quit it up. I think I bearing on the fan is going out or something.

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-1290.JPG

So going to change things up hopefully get some better results out of some acros. Ordered some Xr15's tonight. Anyone want to buy an AP700???

Haha, nice chase. I went with XR15s as well. I've always had kessils in the past and decided to do something different this time. The kessil shimmer is definitely better, and the disco ball thing on radions is real without a diffuser. Only time will tell if I made the right choice. Still don't have coral in my tank yet. Just finished cycling. First fish that have been in QT for almost 2 months will finally be going into the tank this Thursday!

Tank is looking awesome though! Coralline exploding!

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank as you - INT75. I went with 2x XR15s mounted with ecotech arms. Before I made the purchase, I did a lot of research and noticed that many people were running these at 40-60% to get a par of 300-500 at about midpoint in their tank. If this is true, I doubt you will need any more than 2x especially since you're running t5s as well which I am not. I actually have a par meter coming in later this week and will be testing this extensively at different spots in the tank in different spectrums and can let you know what I find.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nubbie Hahah good because i only ordered 2. let me know your par readings and mounting height. Ill post mine when i get the lights in. Do you have a build thread? I want to check out your setup and see your tank.

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I'll let you know what I find after I get the par meter and start tinkering. No, don't have a build thread. I've been thinking about starting one but I didn't take that many pictures of the build process so I'm a little hesitant. Tank is still relatively brand new at the moment though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back