0   0   0
535D970A-FD7C-42C1-B645-6724C3DF9266.jpeg

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man! already looking good. That right rock is going to be covered in zoa's before you know it. Good to hear about the skimmer, i'll probably pull the trigger on it this weekend.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty excited today. Noticing my first freckles of coralline growing on my rock and especially on my ABS sheet i used to cover the bottom. I am thinking that those ark reef bottles really worked as its only been 45 days or so since I got the tank wet. Unfortunately I lost one of those electric blue damsels. I noticed on his side yesterday that it looked like he lost some scales. I think he got sucked through one of my Mp40's. Woke up today and all that was left was his skeleton. I also recieved my WWC coral club box yesterday. I got some pretty good stuff. A frogskin Acro, Mardi Gras Cxphastrea, Seasons Greetings Monti, Megatron Micromussa, And a Honeycomb Leptastrea.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the neptune PMK par monitor? I really need to get some readings done and am really not wanting to spend $400+ on a par meter. I really wish my area had a active club or better yet even just 1 LFS other than petco.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think my peak intensity of my Ap700 should be at for this tank?(With T5's on, Blue plus,coral plus, purple plus, blue plus) I have my schedule i want down but trying to figure it out until i get a par meter.

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get some serious cyano. Ride it out and embrace the ugly stage? Water changes? Throw some GFO in the reactor?

Just wait if no coral is struggling because of it. It won't last long if nutrients are in check.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get frustrated with my N03 and P04 levels. Been pretty much 0 since day 1. Sent out my first ICP/OES test and should be done hopefully today or tomorrow. Also cyano is starting to die out. Question for you guys that used dry rock. Did your rocks turn bright green? I can see coralline starting to from on the rocks but with the lights off they are really green. Will post a photo in a little bit.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be hitting the green stage pretty soon so I'll let you know.

I'm sure its normal though. Tank is super young still, especially because of the dry rock.

harthag12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the tank and off to a good start with the equipment. How did you mount the Aquatic light posts to the ABS Stand? I I have the 48" fixture with 3 Kessils for my EXT 100, I can't mount to the wall as the distance would be to great, wasn't sure if I could drill into the legs safely.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you mount the Aquatic light posts to the ABS Stand?
I just used some half inch long self tapping screws and screwed into the aluminum stand. I didnt put a screw in every hole, I did four out of the six holes on each side. I don't think i hurt the integrity of the stand at all either.

welsher7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get frustrated with my N03 and P04 levels. Been pretty much 0 since day 1. Sent out my first ICP/OES test and should be done hopefully today or tomorrow. Also cyano is starting to die out. Question for you guys that used dry rock. Did your rocks turn bright green? I can see coralline starting to from on the rocks but with the lights off they are really green. Will post a photo in a little bit.

Completely normal when starting with dry rock like Marco or reef saver rock. Tank looks great. I love the size of IM75 Ext/int.

OP
OP
ChaseBurke

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my triton results. They say to do 6 15% water changes over the next 6 weeks. Let me know if you see anything abnormal or if you have an idea where my tin is coming from.

Attachments

• triton-1.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 237

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back