8' tank overflow questions

lolgranny

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
888
Reaction score
1,026
Location
McHenry, IL.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, I'm in the process of finalizing a new tank and I wanted to get some input on what everyone thought about the overflow

The tank is 8'x30"x30", I first thought to have 2 corner trapezoid overflows and now I'm wondering if I should just do one center box.

The tank will be viewable from 3 sides and sitting on a stand against the wall. My first thought was to have the corner so I could optimize depth in the center and not have too many dead spots to worry about in the corner. Plus I could throw 2 -3 gyres in the center and have the mp40son the outer walls.

Just looking for some input / reassurance since it's one of those one time decisions

Thanks all
 
Myself is would rather have the overflow in the center and have two gyre's pushing water to the center of the tank and down the overflow. I my system with is much smaller of the two gyre's and either end pushing water toward the center and a Mp40 pushing water from the center out to the front of the glass.
 
Myself is would rather have the overflow in the center and have two gyre's pushing water to the center of the tank and down the overflow. I my system with is much smaller of the two gyre's and either end pushing water toward the center and a Mp40 pushing water from the center out to the front of the glass.

This is kinda what im leaning towards after talking with a few frineds on the phone. Just do it in the center, and have the gyres to the left and the right of it. OR on the sides of the tank and the mp40s to the left and right blowing at the front of the tank
 
This is kinda what im leaning towards after talking with a few frineds on the phone. Just do it in the center, and have the gyres to the left and the right of it. OR on the sides of the tank and the mp40s to the left and right blowing at the front of the tank
It will cool to see when you get this system setup.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new