RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quite the nice list!

You have the ph in the overflow to keep detritus from settling?

May be better for the ecosystem to let it build up then flush it down into the sump every 6 months or so.

Decided not to run the power head in the overflow. Thanks!

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
What are the specifications and brand of exhaust fans that you selected. It really looks like a nice set-up.

They look like AC Infinity. Not sure what model he has, but I picked some up on amazon for like $16. They are cheap and pretty nice in my opinion. I hooked some up for the stand ventilation and for evaporative cooling my tank.

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They look like AC Infinity. Not sure what model he has, but I picked some up on amazon for like $16. They are cheap and pretty nice in my opinion. I hooked some up for the stand ventilation and for evaporative cooling my tank.

AC Infinity off Amazon. I opted for the larger dual fans. I think they were $39.

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they corrosion resistant? Given the environment, the fans need to withstand the saltwater/salt creep conditions. How are yours holding up?

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are they corrosion resistant? Given the environment, the fans need to withstand the saltwater/salt creep conditions. How are yours holding up?

They seem pretty quality I’m hoping to get about three years out of them before I replace them. I did set my stand up far enough off the wall Incase they needed to be replaced in the future. In my previous setup I had a cheap mini stand alone fan running for five years with no issues.

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem pretty quality I’m hoping to get about three years out of them before I replace them. I did set my stand up far enough off the wall Incase they needed to be replaced in the future. In my previous setup I had a cheap mini stand alone fan running for five years with no issues.
Thanks for the information. I'm planning on building a stand in the future. This helps.

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Running two ink bird heater controllers with only one heater running all the time. Second heater will be set a few degrees off to only come on if the other heater fails

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The build quality of your tank looks great. SCA is impressive.

Thanks I appreciate it!Taking my time on this one with my work schedule I’m only able to work on the tank about once a week hope to have water in it in the next couple weeks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back