90 cube 7 months change

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That is awesome. Like the rest, I want to know what equipment your working with on that bad boy :)

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That much growth in 6-7 months? Find it really hard to believe, I have been around long enough to know that would be next to impossible. Some of the colonies in the after aren't even in the before pic. Guess it could happen if you bought whole colonies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lovemyreef

lovemyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That much growth in 6-7 months? Find it really hard to believe, I have been around long enough to know that would be next to impossible. Some of the colonies in the after aren't even in the before pic. Guess it could happen if you bought whole colonies.

To good to be true? There are local reefers who have seen this tank in person and can attest to the fact this growth is real.
Yes some frags where relocated but the biggest one is the Medusa bane colony dead center you can see it started with two branches. All of these colonies started as frags.
I run diy LEDs and use the DSR method and have not done a water change in two years.

I have had to remove most of the large colonies due to the warfare that was being caused by them touching and I prefer more small colonies than just a couple large ones.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just because you can't do it or the tanks you've seen in the "long time" you've been around doesn't mean its not possible. I say you can't because if you could you wouldn't have typed what you did- maybe you didn't mean for that to sound as rude as it read :noidea: but it sure reads poorly from where I sit :couch2:

I've seen this tank many times and it amazes me he gets such great growth and color with the abuse that system gets :bigsmile:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back