90 cube 7 months change

Wow! That is awesome. Like the rest, I want to know what equipment your working with on that bad boy :)
 
That much growth in 6-7 months? Find it really hard to believe, I have been around long enough to know that would be next to impossible. Some of the colonies in the after aren't even in the before pic. Guess it could happen if you bought whole colonies.
 
Last edited:
Nice I would like to see what it looks like now since its been like 9 months?
 
That much growth in 6-7 months? Find it really hard to believe, I have been around long enough to know that would be next to impossible. Some of the colonies in the after aren't even in the before pic. Guess it could happen if you bought whole colonies.

To good to be true? There are local reefers who have seen this tank in person and can attest to the fact this growth is real.
Yes some frags where relocated but the biggest one is the Medusa bane colony dead center you can see it started with two branches. All of these colonies started as frags.
I run diy LEDs and use the DSR method and have not done a water change in two years.

I have had to remove most of the large colonies due to the warfare that was being caused by them touching and I prefer more small colonies than just a couple large ones.
 
That much growth in 6-7 months? Find it really hard to believe, I have been around long enough to know that would be next to impossible. Some of the colonies in the after aren't even in the before pic. Guess it could happen if you bought whole colonies.

Just because you can't do it or the tanks you've seen in the "long time" you've been around doesn't mean its not possible. I say you can't because if you could you wouldn't have typed what you did- maybe you didn't mean for that to sound as rude as it read :noidea: but it sure reads poorly from where I sit :couch2:

I've seen this tank many times and it amazes me he gets such great growth and color with the abuse that system gets :bigsmile:
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new