90 Gallon cube reef rebuild.

Dmmuir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the hobby only a year or so, had a 110 reef and this was set up as a FOWLR. I tried to sell it but it's just a cool tank and ended up deciding to keep it, so it's getting set back up as a mixed reef this time.

I am collecting what components I need to get it running while I prep.

Current status: refinishing the stand, and resealing the tank.

Plans: Mixed reef.

I have a 40 breeder home built sump going under it. LED lighting, and a 57w aquaUV sterilizer that will be plumbed in. I have return pump, ATO, heater with controller here and ready to go.

Yet to be obtained: Sand, once I decide which to go with, leaning towards CaribSea special grade. Then acquiring rock. Planning to start dry rock, and let it cycle slowly to keep the pests to a minimum. I am lucky to have some good local reefers/friends, and a great semi local club I am part of.

I tend to like things that are not obvious 100% of the time, so planned inhabitants at this point are up in the air, but leaning towards a pistol/goby pair and a small colony of barnacle blennies to start with.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck on your new adventure!!!

OP
OP
D

Dmmuir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, tonight I got the top sanded, and decided to put a nice laminate on the top of the cabinet.
While that was drying I got one wall scraped, and the weir removed. Half the silicon has been removed before I broke the razor blade.... pause until tomorrow :)

Progress. Got a little more incentive, hit up the local once a year exotic pet expo and some of the corals that were on sale.... man I need to get this going.
IMG_0379.JPEG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back