90 Gallon cube reef rebuild.

Dmmuir

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the hobby only a year or so, had a 110 reef and this was set up as a FOWLR. I tried to sell it but it's just a cool tank and ended up deciding to keep it, so it's getting set back up as a mixed reef this time.

I am collecting what components I need to get it running while I prep.

Current status: refinishing the stand, and resealing the tank.

Plans: Mixed reef.

I have a 40 breeder home built sump going under it. LED lighting, and a 57w aquaUV sterilizer that will be plumbed in. I have return pump, ATO, heater with controller here and ready to go.

Yet to be obtained: Sand, once I decide which to go with, leaning towards CaribSea special grade. Then acquiring rock. Planning to start dry rock, and let it cycle slowly to keep the pests to a minimum. I am lucky to have some good local reefers/friends, and a great semi local club I am part of.

I tend to like things that are not obvious 100% of the time, so planned inhabitants at this point are up in the air, but leaning towards a pistol/goby pair and a small colony of barnacle blennies to start with.
 
Good luck on your new adventure!!!
 
Well, tonight I got the top sanded, and decided to put a nice laminate on the top of the cabinet.
While that was drying I got one wall scraped, and the weir removed. Half the silicon has been removed before I broke the razor blade.... pause until tomorrow :)

Progress. Got a little more incentive, hit up the local once a year exotic pet expo and some of the corals that were on sale.... man I need to get this going.
IMG_0379.JPEG
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new