AquaCave

Preyou

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Picked up a used tank from a local this week. The dimensions are 48"W x 24"D x 18" H. The three front panels are Starfire glass.

Currently it is plumbed with a corner overflow, but I will be installing a ReefSaavy Ghost overflow in place of the corner overflow. Planning for a single 3/4" return.

The sump is a custom acrylic sump by Rob Davis at Luna Reef Customs.

This system will be replacing my current 135G cube, so the bulk of my equipment will be recycled from that system.

Pictures to follow very soon.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Preyou

Preyou

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here are pictures of the display before I drained it and moved it to my house. Funny, the clowns that are in this picture were so big that it made the display seem small. So to give it some scope, the yellow tang in this picture is almost 5" long. They have been rehomed into a friend's display as I already had a mated pair of clowns in my main display.

The lighting that is pictured will not be adequate for my severe SPS habit, so they will be retired in favor of my Philips CoralCare Gen2 fixtures that currently hang over my 135g Cube.

The sump is really nice, and has plenty of room for my existing equipment. There is a single 7" filter sock that I will attempt to use, but I would like to move to a roller mat system in the near future.

I was considering modifying the tank and installing a ghost overflow in the back, but I couldn't bring myself to drill this display, so that modification will have to wait for my next tank upgrade.

Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to swap the new display in for the old without disturbing things too much. I have a Deep Blue 60g frag tank that I can use as a temporary home for my livestock, but where to put it and set it up seems to be the issue. I hate to put it onto carpet, but that may be my only option at this point.

264122027_4817651078273895_6050911335814189835_n.jpg

AquaCave

How often do you buy coral from other hobbyists?

• Very Often

Votes: 49 22.2%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Very Rare

Votes: 41 18.6%
  • Never

Votes: 46 20.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Vivid