911? Flakes in water

fisher!0901

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t mind my snapper she’s personable so she’s just saying hi, not reaching for air lol, but I don’t know what these flakes are and when you scoop water and poor it it into a sink the flakes stick to the container afterwards… any ideas?
20260107_222853_CB95996C-70C5-4473-84AD-DB016D5E6F90.png
 
I’m hanging the light on pvc, when I asked ai it said mixing to much or from heavy dosing which makes sense because I have been dosing for ammonia
Please post video using bright white light intensity, no blue and assure glass is clean when doing this
 
I’m hanging the light on pvc, when I asked ai it said mixing to much or from heavy dosing which makes sense because I have been dosing for ammonia
Please post video using bright white light intensity, no blue and assure glass is clean when doing this
It’s in a big circular pond no glass but I will try that I just got this light so I have to figure out how to change it lol
 
Amonnia and nitrite where a little high because it’s a newer tank and I’m dosing “safe” by seachem along with “microbacter7” by brightwell aquatics
Safe, prime does not remove ammonia as bottle applies. Water changes do that. Bacter is good but you want biological capabilities through filtration in place. How is this pond filtered?
 
I’m hanging the light on pvc, when I asked ai it said mixing to much or from heavy dosing which makes sense because I have been dosing for ammonia

Another good reason to ignore AI. None of that makes sense in this context.

I can't tell much from the picture.
 
Amonnia and nitrite where a little high because it’s a newer tank and I’m dosing “safe” by seachem along with “microbacter7” by brightwell aquatics
Safe, prime does not remove ammonia as bottle applies. Water changes do that. Bacter is good but you want biological capabilities through filtration in place. How is this pond filtered?
Two Sicce filtrapond pumps
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new