Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to try mechanically opening the mouth? Seems unlikely now that the glue is going release soon on its own, and it looks kind of thin to me already....
Jay

OP
OP
Seawitch89

Seawitch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to try mechanically opening the mouth? Seems unlikely now that the glue is going release soon on its own, and it looks kind of thin to me already....
Jay
We did, and we were too afraid to hurt him and my SO refused to let me help so he didn't have a proper hold on him. He got really bloated and stressed (we probably caused the ICH doing it) so *I* would like to treat him for the ICH and if he makes it out of that, to make it a two man job getting his mouth open, I'm a mom of 3 boys and ready to do what is necessary. We keep being told to wait it out and how long "they" (im not sure if people mean puffers or fish in general) can go a little while without food so we are not at all intentionally starving him.

OP
OP
Seawitch89

Seawitch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*HAPPY UPDATE!* We bit the bullet and had a buddy come over to hold Toast, Joe unsealed his lips and removed a LARGE chunk of glue from inside his mouth, so we know he CAN open it now. Hoping we can get him to eat by morning and we will start treating for the ICH. We keep hearing that puffers are resistant to medicines, can anyone personally fact check this? We plan to do so regardless, now that the glue is out we have really high hopes. This has been quite an emotional roller coaster for me and I would like to give a shout out to @Jay Hemdal for all the advice, support, and encouragement. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! *photo is from minutes after his procedure*

Attachments

• Snapchat-1582002151.jpg
    Snapchat-1582002151.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 11

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! The two concerns now are; did the glue removal cause any skin damage, and then, how to treat for ich. I think the fist will just need to get better on its own, but for the second, I may have missed this - what are you going to treat with for ich? In my opinion, you should get to a full dose of Copper Power or Cuprimine (third choice Coppersafe) within 24 hours, using a good test kit.

Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back