93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with everything going on, I have been just kind of observing and not doing much on the 93 cube at home.

My son noticed last night the glass is very clean and I realized I hadn't cleaned the glass in 3 weeks! After a while, if you keep light from being directly aimed at the glass, things balance out and I find myself cleaning less and less.

I feed a LOT. The fish are fat and happy and the corals all have good color.

I still change the socks every few days and empty the skimmer on Sunday. (It's completely full at that point). I fill the ATO container 3 times in two weeks so evaporation is right at 2.5 quarts per day.

I plan on doing to testing this weekend just for giggles but it's not necessary at this point.

I will also say that, since switching my pellet food to reef nutrition and Sustainable Aquatics and adding in frozen, there is a lot less skimmate and it absolutely reeks! This to me is a sign of a good food: colorful, healthy fish and less waste and what is there is nasty.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up all the lumber for the pool platform tonight and the mdf for the top of the 8 foot stands. Moving all that stuff by myself wasn't easy. I remember 20 years ago that stuff was a LOT lighter. I wonder why they started making building materials so much heavier. ;Wacky

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would volunteer my boys to help with the tanks, but this football game will probably have them wore out. Halftime and we are up 59 to 12. They did not like losing last week.

Awesome!

Sounds like they are out for revenge!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

Sounds like they are out for revenge!
We are all freshman right now, so that’s awesome. They get some needed game time. We haven’t scored again, but they haven’t either.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So with everything going on, I have been just kind of observing and not doing much on the 93 cube at home.

My son noticed last night the glass is very clean and I realized I hadn't cleaned the glass in 3 weeks! After a while, if you keep light from being directly aimed at the glass, things balance out and I find myself cleaning less and less.

I feed a LOT. The fish are fat and happy and the corals all have good color.

I still change the socks every few days and empty the skimmer on Sunday. (It's completely full at that point). I fill the ATO container 3 times in two weeks so evaporation is right at 2.5 quarts per day.

I plan on doing to testing this weekend just for giggles but it's not necessary at this point.

I will also say that, since switching my pellet food to reef nutrition and Sustainable Aquatics and adding in frozen, there is a lot less skimmate and it absolutely reeks! This to me is a sign of a good food: colorful, healthy fish and less waste and what is there is nasty.
Even my Bettas love SA

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B4FD3594-D87B-4A7E-87C8-FF1E371FAFE8.jpeg

1D0C4800-66EB-4F17-885D-551F5D5C7A8F.jpeg

Got the 12 foot tank today and then built the platform for the shark pool

Pretty happy with the way it’s going.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B4FD3594-D87B-4A7E-87C8-FF1E371FAFE8.jpeg

1D0C4800-66EB-4F17-885D-551F5D5C7A8F.jpeg

Got the 12 foot tank today and then built the platform for the shark pool

Pretty happy with the way it’s going.
What’s the other 2 dimensions of that 12 footer? I can’t wait to see fish racing down it! Everything is coming along super nicely!!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the other 2 dimensions of that 12 footer? I can’t wait to see fish racing down it! Everything is coming along super nicely!!!

Thanks!

It’s 15” deep and 18” tall. It works out to be about 130 gallons. Not a ton of volume but a lot of swimming room. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back