93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good.

Thanks!

I don't think it will ever be good enough but then, that's reefing.

This week will consist of resetting the ATO, wire management and alexa setup for more of the equipment. I already have the panel and cabinet lights setup on separate smart outlets. I am going to do my main lights and fuge lights on them instead of timers. They seem to be much more accurate than mechanical timers and I can check on them from anywhere. ;)

oh! @JDowns I will post a pic of the filament rack I printed the brackets for from thingiverse in the 3d printing thread after while. It's going to be really nice and convenient.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I forgot to post it.

I am not going to count the sump or the new rim because, those were accidents. If they hadn't happened the total would have been $938 including my clowns.

I was given 15 coral frags that are in the nano right now. I still have $62 (I thought it was $72 earlier) left for an anemone or more fish or corals.

Now, if you include the debacle of the rim and the broken sump replacement, it would have totaled $1263. That's still not bad, but if someone says that I went over budget then so be it. I am satisfied.

BTW, do you wanna see pics of the new scape?
Well yes!!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided it wasn't fair to time to have to hold the light forever. This is what I came up with:

The bottom of the fixture is exactly 12" above the trim.

It may be a little too high but I am NOT going to redo the aircraft cable.

canopy_test_hang.jpg

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the noopsyches don't adjust to this coloration I may well just copy this light bar x3 and go that route.

I hope they adjust to those specs then because I really want to see how they do on a fresh build. I know Matt is doing a fresh build but it sounds like he may be having some dino trouble and tearing everything apart to start over.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I can get them very close. I was messing with it a bit tonight and if I get some more time, I will mount it in the fixture tomorrow night and play with it.

The only thing is not enough violet. But, I can make a little violet LED bar and put it in the hanging canopy. That's the good thing about it. No matter which light I go with, it'll match the setup.

I also figured out how to lower it 6 inches and not have to redo the cables.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back