OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange works best for me under my BML actinic. Still requires some correction, yellow is the closest I can get to true colors without need for correction.

Yea, this was one of the oranges. I have about 10 different orange filters. I might try the yellows another time, with the other lights on it throws things off a bit.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing but I decided to go with the 40's so I could keep them at lower rpm's which would help keep noise down. I have the tank in my living room so I didn't want things to be louder than necessary. I also figured that if I decided to go with a bigger tank one day which everyone always does I would have something that wouldn't require me to go buy new equipment. I do however keep the 40's at about half speed currently. I would think with 10's you would be almost fully ramped up which wouldn't give you much wiggle room if you ever need a little more current.

Thank you! As I'm reading into it I did not consider the vibration noise, my tank as well will be going into my living room. I guess kicking in the extra $150 for the set will be good. I can only imagine I'll be upgrading in a couple years so that is a valuable suggestion. Thank you.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! As I'm reading into it I did not consider the vibration noise, my tank as well will be going into my living room. I guess kicking in the extra $150 for the set will be good. I can only imagine I'll be upgrading in a couple years so that is a valuable suggestion. Thank you.

I run my MP40QDs at 90-100 percent and never hear them.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were referring to vibration of the MP10's because they weren't as powerful as the MP40's. Good to know the 40's are quiet!
I've never owned an mp10QD to compare it to, but the mp10WES pumps that I've had have always been quite noisy.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mainly went with 40's since it left me with something usable if I ever went back to a large tank. I can't turn the 40's much over half either because I would end up with sand everywhere. A 30"x30" tank is a little small to blast the 40's but when I go to a 36"x36" or possibly 48"x48" cube I'll still be able to use them and I'll have the capacity to turn them up.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine very high on my 93, but I only have sand behind the rocks for the wrasses.

Since we all have this tank, anyone else have the bubbles in the seams at the top corners?

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine very high on my 93, but I only have sand behind the rocks for the wrasses.

Since we all have this tank, anyone else have the bubbles in the seams at the top corners?

When did you purchase the tank? I know there was a defect in the silicone identified for tanks made prior to some time in 2014 or 2015 I believe?

I read a lot of reviews of people upset about bubbles in the silicon and got replacements but that wouldnt really help someone with an established tank.

I just purchased mine a month ago so I'm not too worried.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you purchase the tank? I know there was a defect in the silicone identified for tanks made prior to some time in 2014 or 2015 I believe?

I read a lot of reviews of people upset about bubbles in the silicon and got replacements but that wouldnt really help someone with an established tank.

I just purchased mine a month ago so I'm not too worried.
There are countless stories of the replacement tanks having the same issue. I bought this tank 2nd hand. It's probably 3-4 years old. They don't seem to be getting worse and there aren't a significant amount of posts about actual failures from what I've seen. I'm just kinda rolling the dice I guess. I'll probably mark the boundaries of bubbles with a sharpie to make sure it isn't spreading.

gandalf208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1479778293.102962.jpg
IMG_1479778309.095991.jpg
Beautiful!
7d6ffdf231287240f32bb7be86095bb2.jpg

Not sure if this pic helps but I don't have any other pictures of the sump at the moment. Currently it's pretty messy since I got the Apex and haven't cleanly run all the wires. The plumbing is pretty simple, the pvc pipe running from the overflow to the filter sock then the return pipe is flexible tubing up to the standpipe running up to the return into the tank. I made the stand larger since I liked the look a little more but I did have to trim the vertical 2x4 in the back left corner by just a little so I could tighten down the bulk head.

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, man this tank is gorgeous. I just started my 93 cube about 2 months ago. It's so nice to see the potential in this tank, I wasn't sure how I would like the smaller footprint. Your setup is crazy!!! So jealous to have some working room under the tank and on the sides.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is so nice! I love the sps colours! All in all its an awesome tank.

What fish you have in the tank and how many? What foods do you feed the fish and corals daily?

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is so nice! I love the sps colours! All in all its an awesome tank.

What fish you have in the tank and how many? What foods do you feed the fish and corals daily?

Thanks! I have a malanurus wrasse, yellow tang, flame angel, blue spotted jawfish, (3) clownfish, tail spot blenny another blenny that I can't remember the name of.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time seeing your thread and I have to say you have a beautiful tank. I'm just starting out with a 50 gal cube, I hope one day it will be half as nice as yours.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, very much appreciated! For what it's worth the day you get things right where you want it is usually right around the time you decide you want a bigger tank or you decide to tare everything apart and start over haha.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back