93 gallon cube build

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on a similar build. Any chance you could post some more pictures if the sump especially plumbing? Also, how heavy is the lighting and canopy weighing on the glass? Any concerns there for too much load?

Sorry, had to edit and add another question. Did you have any issue with the return and overflow pipes being too close to the 2x4 to get the bulkhead nut tightened up? Did you have notch the 2x4 at all? Any stand build info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on a similar build. Any chance you could post some more pictures if the sump especially plumbing? Also, how heavy is the lighting and canopy weighing on the glass? Any concerns there for too much load?

Sorry, had to edit and add another question. Did you have any issue with the return and overflow pipes being too close to the 2x4 to get the bulkhead nut tightened up? Did you have notch the 2x4 at all? Any stand build info would be greatly appreciated.

7d6ffdf231287240f32bb7be86095bb2.jpg

Not sure if this pic helps but I don't have any other pictures of the sump at the moment. Currently it's pretty messy since I got the Apex and haven't cleanly run all the wires. The plumbing is pretty simple, the pvc pipe running from the overflow to the filter sock then the return pipe is flexible tubing up to the standpipe running up to the return into the tank. I made the stand larger since I liked the look a little more but I did have to trim the vertical 2x4 in the back left corner by just a little so I could tighten down the bulk head.

UncleDed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Liked your aquarium.:) I have a 52 gallon cube with the same light as you, but there are no such colors in corals. You can detail to describe your system, please. How long do you use the Phoenix 14k and this set of T5 bulbs and what are the working hours of all lamps? What brand of salt do you use? What are the water parameters and how is the export of NO3 and PO4?
(Sorry for my English, I use translator)

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting up my first tank, currently have the same tank sitting in a spare room as I piece everything together waiting for the moment to get water in it and start my cycle. I hope the tank looks half as good as this does.

I'm looking into getting two MP10's instead of the MP40's. It seems everyone barely runs their MP40's so I thought scaling down would be a decent option. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Liked your aquarium.:) I have a 52 gallon cube with the same light as you, but there are no such colors in corals. You can detail to describe your system, please. How long do you use the Phoenix 14k and this set of T5 bulbs and what are the working hours of all lamps? What brand of salt do you use? What are the water parameters and how is the export of NO3 and PO4?
(Sorry for my English, I use translator)

Hi, thanks for asking! I run my halides approximately 8 hours a day, the t5 are running approximately 12 hours and I have (2) 24" blue reefbrites that run about 13 hours. The T5's I currently run are (2) blue plus, (1) purple plus and (1) actinic. As for salt I use Reef crystals. I do 2 water changes a month of about 15-20 gallons. I try to do one once a week but life usually prevents me from doing so. Doing regular water changes has been what I've found to give me such great results with this tank. As for parameters I honestly haven't checked lately. Both are detectable but not out of control. I run gfo and carbon but just in the last week I stopped using gfo to see if it would change anything. I dose potassium and occasionally a little iron and iodine. I notice the potassium helps bring out a few of the blue colors in some of the corals but usually the coloring is a good indicator of the water quality. When I notice things fading it's usually a good indicator I need to get back on my water changing schedule.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting up my first tank, currently have the same tank sitting in a spare room as I piece everything together waiting for the moment to get water in it and start my cycle. I hope the tank looks half as good as this does.

I'm looking into getting two MP10's instead of the MP40's. It seems everyone barely runs their MP40's so I thought scaling down would be a decent option. Thoughts?

I thought the same thing but I decided to go with the 40's so I could keep them at lower rpm's which would help keep noise down. I have the tank in my living room so I didn't want things to be louder than necessary. I also figured that if I decided to go with a bigger tank one day which everyone always does I would have something that wouldn't require me to go buy new equipment. I do however keep the 40's at about half speed currently. I would think with 10's you would be almost fully ramped up which wouldn't give you much wiggle room if you ever need a little more current.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a beautiful tank and the side storage compartments are a great idea.

Thanks! Yeah they work great for hiding all the junk I don't want people to see like the 15 gallon Rubbermaid tub I use for auto top off.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to check it out. I just bought the Rosco sample bundle for like $2 online and try to find the one that gives the closest look to reality.

OP
OP
Crmddp

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pics were taken under the blue reefbrites

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange works best for me under my BML actinic. Still requires some correction, yellow is the closest I can get to true colors without need for correction.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back