93 Gallon Predatory Stocking Questions

Mikefallen13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've been a long time lurker but now I have some stocking questions. So a few months back there I lost almost everything in my 93 gallon cube after a tank crash while I was on vacation and now I'm looking to turn my once reef tank into a lionfish tank. I have always wanted to do a tank like this and I figured now is as good a time as any! So, now onto the questions!

First, I'm really only interested in keeping the smaller species of lions (no volitans, miles or russelli) but I'm not sure which of the smaller species I can safely mix.

Second, how many lions could I realistically keep in a tank of this size? I have a large sump and a good skimmer so I'm more concerned about space issues.

Finally, I already have a marine betta that currently calls the tank home and I was wondering if he'd be compatible with lionfish. I do have a Innovative Marine Nuvo 40 which I picked up at MACNA that he could go into if need be.

Thanks!
Mike

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The betta will be fine with any lion you put in the tank as long as its not too small. Radiata lionfish are one of my favorites. There a bit on the harder side to keep but worth it if you get a good one. Fuzzy dwarfs are hard to not fall in love with. I enjoy mine everyday as he is one of the most personable fish i own. Any dwarf lion should be fine. I would say 3 with your betta would be the max for the tank. So that would be 4 fish in total. Hope to see some pics!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back