93g w/cornerflow: IN-TANK circulation and return pump ideas

SoupySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've yet to decide on a return pump or my IN-TANK circulation.
I'm leaning towards an Icecap Gyre mounted vertically in the back corner opposite the cornerflow and one MP10 mounted in a location to be determined after aquascaping. I have both items in my Amazon cart at the moment.
You guys are the cube pros who know the challenges of getting proper flow in a cube.

I was thinking of putting a SCWD right before the Y at the end of the return. I used an SCWD in my 110g years ago and loved it.
Any suggestions for a good return pump? I hear DC is the way to go - in that getting a really beefy one and running it at low power increases longevity and reduces heat and vibration.
20170726_170133.jpg

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.

OP
OP
SoupySteve

SoupySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.
Did you mount your icecap vertically?

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mount your icecap vertically?
No horizontally. I especially like watching the wave action on the water surface and the mini vortexes it creates. Very calming to watch and enjoy. I will only own gyres going forward I like them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back