93g w/cornerflow: IN-TANK circulation and return pump ideas

SoupySteve

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Springfield, Mo
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've yet to decide on a return pump or my IN-TANK circulation.
I'm leaning towards an Icecap Gyre mounted vertically in the back corner opposite the cornerflow and one MP10 mounted in a location to be determined after aquascaping. I have both items in my Amazon cart at the moment.
You guys are the cube pros who know the challenges of getting proper flow in a cube.

I was thinking of putting a SCWD right before the Y at the end of the return. I used an SCWD in my 110g years ago and loved it.
Any suggestions for a good return pump? I hear DC is the way to go - in that getting a really beefy one and running it at low power increases longevity and reduces heat and vibration.
20170726_170133.jpg
 
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.
 
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.
Did you mount your icecap vertically?
 
Did you mount your icecap vertically?
No horizontally. I especially like watching the wave action on the water surface and the mini vortexes it creates. Very calming to watch and enjoy. I will only own gyres going forward I like them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new