9410 DC cup size

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
bubblemytip

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubblemytip, what brand of swabbie is that? Is it custom?

It's the avast marine retrofit, with the size small blade. I would perhaps go one size higher next time for the squeegee. The squeegee was a fraction too short, so 2mm of sludge formed on the top of the riser tube. And you need to shorten the squeegee's lower edge so the skimmer cup fits neatly onto the skimmer body.

I ended up removing the swabbie altogether because of my wiring arrangement. Each time I wanted to clean the swabbie, I had to totally unplug it from the wall. This may work for some, but not me.

I also went back to using my TUNZE 9004, as I was over stripping my 27-gallon tank with the 9410. Love the 9410, though, so have not sold it and am saving it for when I upgrade to a larger tank. It's a silent beast. :)

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I just picked up a used DOC 9410 for $125! :D I gave it a good vinegar bath and it looks almost brand new, but for a hairline crack on the lid which I don’t think will effect performance. Ordered some new ceramic bushings from Roger and the pump hums along pretty quietly now.

Originally I was going to run my tank with my Lifereef (which I absolutely love). But at 15 watts of power consumption for the Tunze vs anywhere between 50 to 80 watts for my Lifereef (depending on my pump selection), spending the $125 for the 9410 was a no brainer. We’ll see how it performs when I get up and running.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back