A. Acindynos and A. Chrysopterus

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was putzing around online and came across these two species. Both of them are referred to as Blue Stripe Clownfish. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them before. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they typically collected or captive bred? Where do they originate? How big do they get? Are they aggressive like Maroons or more passive like Ocellaris? Please share any info/experience with me. They are very pretty.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually see Chrysopterus referred to as Blue Stripes, Akindynos not so much. Never seen either species offered as CB. Not to say someone isn't breeding them but WC offerings seem to be prevalent. Closer to Maroons in the aggression and size department. Got mine from BlueZoo

My pair of Akindynos

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually see Chrysopterus referred to as Blue Stripes, Akindynos not so much. Never seen either species offered as CB. Not to say someone isn't breeding them but WC offerings seem to be prevalent. Closer to Maroons in the aggression and size department. Got mine from BlueZoo

My pair of Akindynos

How big are yours? I have a 60 cube with a footprint of only 24”. I will have to do some real-aquascaping to accommodate an anemone but the tank is primarily a peaceful tank (with the possible exception of my now passive six-line). But I don’t want clowns that are nasty to all my other inhabitants. Right now I have a purple Firefish that lives in a barnacle, a Watchman Goby and his shrimp, 2 yellow line gobies and the Wrasse. I have a small group (five) of chromis in the QT. The little gobies stay hidden most of the time. If I get a clown it will most likely be the most aggressive fish in the tank. I would also like to have a flasher or fairy Wrasse.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female was pushing 3" and the male was about half her size when I sold them. They never ventured far from their nem so they pretty much ignored all other inhabitants. They're a natural symbiant for all host nems except: Mags, Malu, LTA, and adhaesivum. If you get them a nem I don't see aggression being much of an issue.

I'd go with a yellow assessor but that's strictly personal preference. Akindynos should ignore them all provided it has a nem.

Back