A better lighting option

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning stage (almost ready to build stage);

72”x24”x25”, mostly fish only, some easy corals (hammers, and some soft corals).

I was planning on four (4 ) Hydra 32, mounted on a the matching rail, going across middle of tank. I considered the arm brackets, but it’s a framed tank, so the rail works out better.

No ceiling mounting.
That’s my only restriction, and cost.

My current lighting plan is over $1600.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning stage (almost ready to build stage);

72”x24”x25”, mostly fish only, some easy corals (hammers, and some soft corals).

I was planning on four (4 ) Hydra 32, mounted on a the matching rail, going across middle of tank. I considered the arm brackets, but it’s a framed tank, so the rail works out better.

No ceiling mounting.
That’s my only restriction, and cost.

My current lighting plan is over $1600.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?
I have pretty much the same system. My tank has almost exact measurements and I have Hydra 26HD's on the rail. Biggest difference is that I am running 5 Hydras instead of 4, on a rimless tank. I think that the plan you have is solid. If you are going mostly softies and a few LPS, you could probably get away with 3 hydras and save a little money. You can always add another later if you decide.

2020-04-24_06-21-47 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty much the same system. My tank has almost exact measurements and I have Hydra 26HD's on the rail. Biggest difference is that I am running 5 Hydras instead of 4, on a rimless tank. I think that the plan you have is solid. If you are going mostly softies and a few LPS, you could probably get away with 3 hydras and save a little money. You can always add another later if you decide.

2020-04-24_06-21-47 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr
Ha. Thank you. Pic was awesome. Your tank is beautiful. That’s exactly how I envisioned it.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back