A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

A/C or D/C Equipment?

  • A/C

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • D/C

    Votes: 70 64.2%
  • Both

    Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Not Sure

    Votes: 14 12.8%

  • Total voters
    109
Long time running pumps since 1990, when AC was all there was. Still running AC on large set up return pumps. External pumps mostly, which I don’t think transfer to much heat to the water. Also, they are dependable, I’ve probably run some AC Iwakis, little giants and blueline/ pan worlds for over 20 years without a hiccup. Only taking it offline every 5 yrs, taking apart and cleaning. Back together and back in service. The newer DC’s I’ve used now, smaller set up returns, and wave makers have failed sometimes without warning. What was the problem, the inverter, the pump itself? Couldn’t figure it out, in the trash get a new pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new