A couple of questions...

The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I've been battling with what I think is brook I have been treating with Metroplex and it looks like it's working then my clown shows signs of the disease again. I went out and bought Ruby Reef rally and Kanaplex. What should i use? Can I use these medications after one another?

Thanks and Happy Reefing!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's best to use Rally as a bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/acriflavine.282887/

Then transfer the fish into a new/sterile QT and dose metro for 10 days as follow up treatment.

Agreed. This has worked for me more than once at the store. Sometimes a second bath is needed, but I have only had that problem once. I used formalin for the second bath, then into a new QT with metroplex again.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I've been battling with what I think is brook I have been treating with Metroplex and it looks like it's working then my clown shows signs of the disease again. I went out and bought Ruby Reef rally and Kanaplex. What should i use? Can I use these medications after one another?

Thanks and Happy Reefing!!

I can honestly say that Brook is very stubborn. I have eliminated it twice, but it took several Formalin baths (for longer than the suggested time) followed by 100% water changes. I think I even dosed the QT with a lower concentration on both occasions. I'd be interested to try Rally. I nearly bought a bottle the other day when I saw it. Need to pick up some Coppersafe too. :)

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish My clown has gotten worse how do I use rally as a dip? do I dip all fish? I only have one quarantine how can i disinfect it quickly and how do I disinfect the sponge filter?

Thanks And Happy Reeing

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back