A couple things over the next week or two and cycle help....

OP
OP
B

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, thought I was going to end up with dead rock, but it is really crazy-almost no detectable ammonia this morning and .2 nitrates. Good news on your params.

Well guys it is now Tuesday - I have yet to hear from KP about shipments going out on time after last week not being able to get the order. Im sure they are just busy but as you guys know we have to be somewhat prepared for these when they come in so its been a but frustrating. Side note and hand selected from huge crates about 75lbs of marco rock shelves and a couple foundation pieces. Between KP and Marco I have about twice as much rock than I will actually need. On purpose so I can be extremely picky about the aquascape. I will MOST likely sell the left over rock after cycles it all together for a few weeks OR I may pick up another tank to keep it in for a while and do something with it later. If KP manages to keep me waiting any longer I may just go dry and get a refund - should know something today I hope.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys it is now Tuesday - I have yet to hear from KP about shipments going out on time after last week not being able to get the order. Im sure they are just busy but as you guys know we have to be somewhat prepared for these when they come in so its been a but frustrating. Side note and hand selected from huge crates about 75lbs of marco rock shelves and a couple foundation pieces. Between KP and Marco I have about twice as much rock than I will actually need. On purpose so I can be extremely picky about the aquascape. I will MOST likely sell the left over rock after cycles it all together for a few weeks OR I may pick up another tank to keep it in for a while and do something with it later. If KP manages to keep me waiting any longer I may just go dry and get a refund - should know something today I hope.
Totally understand. The weather down here (FL) has been pretty poor for diving. A lot of wind and rough seas due to hurricanes and storms to the south. KP is worth it in my opinion if you can afford to be patient until this weather settles down.

OP
OP
B

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally understand. The weather down here (FL) has been pretty poor for diving. A lot of wind and rough seas due to hurricanes and storms to the south. KP is worth it in my opinion if you can afford to be patient until this weather settles down.

Yeah the weather the week before last for sure but he told me they had some good diving days this past week. Im just extremely surprised I have not heard from them confirming the shipment which is supposed to go out today,

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the weather the week before last for sure but he told me they had some good diving days this past week. Im just extremely surprised I have not heard from them confirming the shipment which is supposed to go out today,
Ok, yes I received an email when the shipment was going out.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the frustration with waiting. I do feel it’s worth the wait though.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give anything to see how KP cures on seneye, not Red Sea or api.

OP
OP
B

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys....shipment made it. Only 1 of the 3 boxes made it in tact. Box 1 - still fully encased in water as described. Other two no longer had the boxes and the shipping company added another layer of trash bag around the shipping bags to be able to carry them with less water loss. Needless to say ok the water shipping needs much better reinforcements to make it.

I talked to KP and new methods are being worked on.

On a positive note. All of the rock thatwas in boxes and had to be moved to trash bags all retained a good bit of water and the rock looked great. The rocks from the box that made it safely were fully encased in water and looked perfect.

Initials findings just moving the rock around is many crabs, what I believe is a brittle star(s) and some other works etc. I will be taking a closer look tonight ans hopefully will get pics of critters I can post for help identification.

here are some initial pics today unloading and getting the tub ready.

once again I’m new to this. Game plan tonight when I get home ( will have been 10 hours total since I received the rock and put it in the tub) check ammonia levels, inspect rocks - get as many pics as possible of what on them or living within them an do a 50% water change.

55C6EB02-9F8B-4733-B131-EABA7C5B69CC.jpeg 5E8C0B81-5DE2-4F07-944D-C0D62E67519B.jpeg 31E39CBF-CBE7-485B-806F-B1A141FE95AC.jpeg 4FC6BB80-98E5-4E8D-980A-5B1B19FE1A04.jpeg 3702B0A7-D991-4493-8660-019649FDF399.jpeg 33A19983-2588-470F-97D4-51E38574FB41.jpeg 66B83C28-35DC-4BA5-A7CE-70FF11889636.jpeg 5758A4EA-3DA3-4609-925C-66B0F4606463.jpeg

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! So that is 45 lbs in a what size tank again? Sorry if you mentioned that already, didn't see it in a quick glance back through the thread.

OP
OP
B

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! So that is 45 lbs in a what size tank again? Sorry if you mentioned that already, didn't see it in a quick glance back through the thread.

Just pulled the actual specs on it again.

Display Tank: 71.7g
Total System: 101.9g (includes the 4.7g ATO Resivior)

That is 60lbs of KP Live rock..........

It is nearly impossible to give you guys a the real aspect of how high it is. In pics it makes me want to add more rock but in person and thinking about corals growing upwards its def the right height.

I am however highly considering another 15lbs just to build up one side another 4-6 inches simply so it looks a hair more natural and get's a little more in-line with the rule of 3rds for landscape art etc.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back