OP
Albertstank

Albertstank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks all. So much love.

The cube came with a viparspectra 165w led. Trying to get PAR readings online with it, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of information.

The tank came with a 5" monti, one pajama cardinal and about 30 lbs of LR and has been running for awhile. Covered in coralline.

I just got the mightyjet today, I need to add sand and aquascape. The return nozzle on the inside of chamber 3 was broken so I just printed a part to hopefully get us back up and running tomorrow.

Ideally down the road we end up with clowns and an anem (got to make the kid happy). Other than that I love a goby/pistol combination and am a sucker for a cool invert. We shall see where the wind (or current) take us.

Thanks again all.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have had Nano Fowlr and Reef tanks a few different periods in my life, and had a lot of success on the Manhattan Reefs forum for anyone that had migrated over here. I always said if I came across a good deal on a AIO 30ish gallon tank I would consider getting back in the game and well, here we are.

I found a great deal on a up and running, but a little beat down BioCube 32 with a couple of corals and a pajama cardinal. I have been lurking on here for a bit and set up, my chambers to house a heater in chamber 1, InTank media basket with filter floss, purigen and chemipure-blue in chamber two, along with some chaeto and a mighty jet return pump. I have ordered a dual RFG for the return output.

I will try to update progress here and just want to thank everyone that has helped me get back up to speed through the posts here.

tank 1.jpg

Welcome and welcome back! Glad you joined. Congrats on getting good deal!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you on Long Island:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.9%
Back