A discussion on Zebrasoma Tangs

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, sharing some thoughts on Zebrasoma tangs in this video! I did leave out the black tang because I personally do not have any experience with it. happy to hear your thoughts!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Black longnose tang is unique in it sense and very hardy. It is one of the few tangs that have NOT come down in price.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black longnose tang is unique in it sense and very hardy. It is one of the few tangs that have NOT come down in price.
Agreed, and not to be discriminating the fish but when you can spend the same amount on a gem tang, why go for a pitch black tang? at least the wife will semi-approve a gem tang, but I know my wife will never forgive me for dropping a grand on a black tang.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought they were overpriced. Yet first time I got to see one in really life, and everytime I'm looking at how nice they look, I say they are well worth the price. They just have charisma pics dont capture. Gems do look very ugly as they grow and pointsdevelop into lines and color fades. Yet different collection points might look different as they grow i feel.
Thanks for the video and all the info, very well put.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought they were overpriced. Yet first time I got to see one in really life, and everytime I'm looking at how nice they look, I say they are well worth the price. They just have charisma pics dont capture. Gems do look very ugly as they grow and pointsdevelop into lines and color fades. Yet different collection points might look different as they grow i feel.
Thanks for the video and all the info, very well put.
I haven't seen a gem tang that transitions from dots to lines, but again many fish of the same species do bear different appearances based on geo distribution. Even then, I still think it is an attractive fish. Similarly, many people think the chevron tang is only pretty when small, I disagree, I think adult chevron tangs bear striking features with bright silver lines across its body.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back