A few fish help questions

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 35g cube that has been running for about 8 months. I originally had 2 clowns, coral beauty, and a dotty back. Every thing was fine for a couple months until I had what I think was a velvet outbreak. Being a newbie I thought salt from the water was sticking to the fish oops. All my fish looked like they had flour poured all over their body.Well by time I started to realize something else was going on it was to late. They were covered for several weeks before I figured out that it wasnt normal. The only different behavior the fish displayed was the clownfish would occasionally swim into the power head flow. Well they all died within a week of each other. I have gone fallow for 2 months and am ready to start adding fish soon and need help with figuring out how many I can safely add at once, how many fish total I could safely add, and fish suggestions. Ideally I would like to have a total of 4-5 fish. I know for sure I want 2 clowns. The other fish I'm thing about getting are a flame hawk, barnacle blenny, possum or pink streaked wrasse. Any help and suggestions are appreciated thanks

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blenny is a really neat character in a tank. Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse are small and very colorful. How about a sand-sifting goby to do some sand cleaning work for you.

OP
OP
adam finley

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish do you think I can safely add at once? I have lots of corals and a decent cuc in my tank right now. All my parameters are good except for my nitrates are a little higher around 20 but my corals seem to like it.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates 10-20 are fine. And agree my corals seem to like it too, and my chaeto & sea lettuce, too.
A couple of fish at a time would be ok. Just feed smaller doses more frequently for awhile at least.
Oh, and velvet got me too once. The only good thing was it happened in my qt. not my DT.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back