A Few FTS Of New 120

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my t5's in so I took a few FTS...Still more coral to swap over but taking my time..LOL lazy me, I still need to place the one's I have in the tank in there final spot.

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8278.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh there she is! Looking good man!

Thanks Skins!!! still a ton of work, and stocking to do, but moving along smoothly. I am enjoying being supper excited about stocking a tank again...can't wait to fill this thing up full of some bad *** sticks. :xd:

Reef@holic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice man! What bulb combo is that? Looks great, not too white and not too blue. I'm still running halides but have really been looking at powermodules lately, they are sexy looking. Love the rimless look man, I get my 100 gallon rimless next week and I can't wait.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for more of the awesome pic's that you are known for!
Thanks...everything should be easier now that I don't have to shoot through my bow front, and under LED's...man that bow front was a pain in the... it was like taking a pic through 2 lens.
Very nice man! What bulb combo is that? Looks great, not too white and not too blue. I'm still running halides but have really been looking at powermodules lately, they are sexy looking. Love the rimless look man, I get my 100 gallon rimless next week and I can't wait.

Thanks and good luck with the new tank! I just bought my T5's and so far I love them. I am going to buy some more bulbs and play with it, and I still have 2 blue reef bright LED's I still need to DYI to the PM. mY BULB COMBO IS 5 ati blue+, 1 ati purple+, 1 KZ fiji purple, and 1 KZ new gen.

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank man. I also love seeing your amazing pics. Can you please take pics and explain how you're going to attach the reefbrites to the PM.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty awesome! Looks like you have a lot of vertical space for growth, too.

Be careful with those T5's! They're stronger than they appear, take it slow, especially with the daylight bulbs.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! It's gonna be sick when it fills in

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank!!!Love the scape!!!!
Thanks Henry, I have been 2nd guessing myself on the scape, I was gong to take some rocks out.
Awesome tank man. I also love seeing your amazing pics. Can you please take pics and explain how you're going to attach the reefbrites to the PM.
Thanks! I will take some pics...I am just going to use a break and make some custom brackets out of stainless steel and screw them into the existing holes in the side of the PM so it don't screw any holes into the PM. I am starting a build thread soon and it will be in there.
Pretty awesome! Looks like you have a lot of vertical space for growth, too.

Be careful with those T5's! They're stronger than they appear, take it slow, especially with the daylight bulbs.
Thanks!!! That was what I was trying to do. You ant joking, these T5's are powerful...any tips? these are my firstT5's....I have the 6in from a22in tank with a low scape, do you think I need to raise them?
Looks great! It's gonna be sick when it fills in
Thanks!!! I am excited to watch it all take place. I still have a lot more stick upstairs in the QT to still add.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise them a bit if you can, try running your daylights (KZ New Gen / Fiji Purple / Purple Plus) no more than 4-5 hours a day if you can.

Just keep a close eye on your corals and signs of lightening / pastel in the color. You see that occur then decrease your light cycle.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise them a bit if you can, try running your daylights (KZ New Gen / Fiji Purple / Purple Plus) no more than 4-5 hours a day if you can.

Just keep a close eye on your corals and signs of lightening / pastel in the color. You see that occur then decrease your light cycle.

OK thanks! I will raise them. What bulb combo are you running? and what 2 do you run for the night?

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK thanks! I will raise them. What bulb combo are you running? and what 2 do you run for the night?

I run almost all blue. 6 Blue+ and 1 Fiji Purple. I keep the Fiji Purple on at all times aside from the dawn/dusk.

I don't run any kind of light on my tank at night.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run almost all blue. 6 Blue+ and 1 Fiji Purple. I keep the Fiji Purple on at all times aside from the dawn/dusk.

I don't run any kind of light on my tank at night.

Man that must be really blue...you don't get that B+ washed out look everyone complains about? any FTS ?

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that must be really blue...you don't get that B+ washed out look everyone complains about? any FTS ?
yeah +1. I couldn't imagine how blah 6 blue + bulbs look. Talk about a stale toilet bowl blue. I personally cant stand when just my blue +'s are on; nothing betas the natural shimmer.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 158 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back