125 rubble zone

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

I was able to find a little time over the weekend to get most of the contents of my 40b transferred over to the new 125. Thought I’d post a couple pics to get this thread started. More details to follow…

IMG_3348.jpeg

FTS from day 2. Water is still a little cloudy, and most of the fish/corals/inverts are still adjusting.

IMG_3350.jpeg

Left side from this morning.

Thanks for looking!

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank Thanks for posting the pictures

OP
OP
S

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess this isn’t going to be much of a build thread (more of a progression). I like to keep things as simple as possible, and don’t use much as far as equipment goes.

To attempt a shallow water look, I decided to go with 3 90W Commercial Electric LED low bay lights (5000k). I’ve used one of these with a Squamosa clam for several months, and saw a good increase in the rate of new shell growth. Hoping the rest of the tank does as well with them.

As for filtration, It’s just the 2 Aqua Clear 110s. Planning to trim down the impellers, fill with rubble, and use as mini refugiums. It’s difficult to tell from the pictures, but there are quite a few Christmas tree worms and Paguritta crabs in some of the rocks. At least in my experience, these guys do a lot better with little to no mechanical filtration.

Stocking is currently pretty light.

Fish:
PBT - Planning on this one being the only larger fish in the tank.

Naso Tang - Long story here. A friend ordered a large Naso, but wound up getting one that was just over 2”. Didn’t think it would fare too well with his big triggers, puffers, etc… so I agreed to keep the little guy until it grows a bit. Hopefully it will earn its keep and help with some Valonia.

Ocellaris Clowns

Bangaii cardinal - planning to add a few more.

Corals - mainly LPS, Leathers, and porites.

Will try to post a few more pics within the next few days.

OP
OP
S

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3383.jpeg

Newest addition!
IMG_3373.jpeg

This one has been with me for 5 or so years now. The porites is a very slow grower, but most of the worms that came with are still around (even with all of the mistakes I’ve made with them).

IMG_3366.jpeg

Branching porites are adjusting well to the new tank, and are starting to show a little more PE. I’m not really loving the dry rock that I have them attached to. May have to swap that out for some actual LR in the near future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back