A few Neptune Apex Controller ???

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several questions about the Neptune Apex Elite Plus V2 Controller I am about to receive. I know that if the power goes out, the controller will retain my settings that are programmed into the controller, and that all I have to do is reset the internal timer in the unit and everything will be good to go. My question, when the power goes off and I don't have a battery back up or even if I do, and the battery has run dry before the power comes back on, my MP40 will be shut down. Ok, now the power comes back on and I am not at home to reset the internal clock on the controller, will the controller let the power heads turn back on and run, or will the stay shut down until I get home to reset the internal clock? I use power strips on my tank now, when the power goes out I have to reset the power strip before anything will work, that's why I have my power heads and my lights plugged straight into the wall, power comes back on, lights and power heads are back up and running.

I will be running between two and four AI LED lights over my new tank, the reason for the 2 to 4 lights, haven't really made up my mind yet on which tank I am going to be getting, buying the equipment to run the tank first, which I mostly have. I was told that I really don't need, and didn't buy the AI controller since I will be running the Apex controller right or wrong?

I have read that with the Apex Controller I can raise or lower the amount of power going to the AI blue lights, meaning that the blue led lights from the AI lights will become my moon lights, right or wrong? The only way that I could see that this would work, the AI lights would have to have two power cords, one for white and one for blue bulbs.

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex will reset itself. If just the power to just the Apex fails then you can set a default as to whether you want to the power off or on to ea outlet. I am not sure how the ramp up ramp down react to a power failure, I would guess they would start over but not sure.
Not sure about the AIs but you would have to have two control voltage inputs 1-10v, one for blue and one for white. Also there is a minimum of something like 10% before the leds will turn on. With some lights this may be too much for a moonlight

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several questions about the Neptune Apex Elite Plus V2 Controller I am about to receive. I know that if the power goes out, the controller will retain my settings that are programmed into the controller... Ok, now the power comes back on and I am not at home to reset the internal clock on the controller, will the controller let the power heads turn back on and run, or will the stay shut down until I get home to reset the internal clock?

It depends on how you have it programmed. You can have it come back on with the power or stay off.

I will be running between two and four AI LED lights over my new tank, the reason for the 2 to 4 lights, haven't really made up my mind yet on which tank I am going to be getting, buying the equipment to run the tank first, which I mostly have. I was told that I really don't need, and didn't buy the AI controller since I will be running the Apex controller right or wrong?

Correct.

I have read that with the Apex Controller I can raise or lower the amount of power going to the AI blue lights, meaning that the blue led lights from the AI lights will become my moon lights, right or wrong? The only way that I could see that this would work, the AI lights would have to have two power cords, one for white and one for blue bulbs.

As Rick said, you have another set of wires going to the AIs that controls them.

CJ

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%

Back