A few questions

jarvis210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D374B467-56F7-4ACE-9581-7A69478372C0.jpeg

Ok so here is a picture of my Goni. It’s been in my tank for about 6 months or so and has been doing very well. My parameters have been consistent at salinity 1.025, temp 78 ,8.5alk, 8.2 ph, 450 calcium, nitates 5 ppm and phosphorus about 10-15 ppb. Over the past few days you can notice some of the green tips have gone away. Only thing I have changed lately is I started manually dosing brightwell aquatics amino . Not sure if this could be affecting it. Any thoughts or recommendations would be great. Other torches and hammers are doing well. Thank you !

Last edited:

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish? Could someone be picking at it? Have you ever tried to spot feed it? Change in lights?
I wouldn't think the aminos would but maybe stop for a bit to see if it changes back.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that it would the amino dosing either. If that is the only change though, like mentioned above you could stop for a few days and see if you notice a difference. Where do you dose your amino's at in your tank/sump?

OP
OP
J

jarvis210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish? Could someone be picking at it? Have you ever tried to spot feed it? Change in lights?
I wouldn't think the aminos would but maybe stop for a bit to see if it changes back.
No new fish at all. Same fish from the beginning. Lighting also has not changed. I have a xr30 at 40 percent . I haven’t messed with the lighting for 6 months at least. I have not spot fed it at all either. I feed decently heavy and it has seem to do well with that. I’ve seen many people talk about spot feeding. I can try that.

OP
OP
J

jarvis210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
I just noticed the Lepto coral right under it, I have a very similar one and it puts out very long sweepers. I would watch and see if a war has recently started.
ok
So maybe long sweepers late at night? I can move the lepto. Definitely worth a try . Thank you !

OP
OP
J

jarvis210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that it would the amino dosing either. If that is the only change though, like mentioned above you could stop for a few days and see if you notice a difference. Where do you dose your amino's at in your tank/sump?
I’m doing them manually into a high flow section of the display tank. Would or could this make a difference ?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back